Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 24  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1024 »
rundrewrun99
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 26th, 2018, 9:31 pm
I just scrolled through and read it all, and quite honestly this is amazing. Stunning.
I especially enjoyed all of the detail on the rank insignias and collars (I love this kind of thing), as well as the amazing organizational charts (also love this kind of thing), but the firearm drawings really tied it all together!
Great work, and hope that more is soon to follow!

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 27th, 2018, 7:55 am
Well done, Chief! Good to see Jati-Matic finally :) Those shorter RKs are interesting. In real life too... I mean, there shouldn't be the term of "too much recoil" since it could be handled. Waiting for more...

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 27th, 2018, 8:54 am
yes, the short RK's were a real thing...I presume the handling would have been similar to AKSU.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 27th, 2018, 10:04 am
Very nice to see this AU coming back to life.
It's nice to see some land-based units in an AU and those gunbucket scale drawings are impressive.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 27th, 2018, 5:10 pm
Awesome additions!
Bit of a pity, though, that drawings in the older parts are now resized. :(

Just one thing, regarding the Armoured Brigade - number of AIFV/APC's in the battlegroups seem to me bit excessive - 127 of them (in MechBG) for what's essentialy a battalion-sized formation with only two mech. infantry companies (that's amount more than sufficient for two battalions)? Care to elucidate? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 27th, 2018, 5:36 pm
Thanks for the praises.

As for the older photobucket stuff... at somepoint I will redo the ships, since my style has quite devolped since 2015, and I allready know that some of those concepts there Im going to replace.

of the Mechanised battle group, the numbers are from reality, eq the similar units in Modern finnish defence forces
[ img ]
The large number of AIFVs is explained mostly By that all the engineers, supply, AA crews, signals and whatnots move with MT-LBs and the actual motorirsed infantry moves with BMPs

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 28th, 2018, 8:23 am
I guess its a part of Finnish "territorial defense doctrine", where those MBGs are the fists; hit and withdraw. Not intend to engage long battles.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 28th, 2018, 10:53 am
yes, in both this AU and In OTL, the small tank forces are not intended for huge consentration assaults but to operate in small combined arms operations to achieve local breaktroughs or counter-assaults, then to be exploited By the highly mobile motor rifle/jaeger troops

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 28th, 2018, 11:01 am
Thanks for the answer. :)
Do You have, by chance, any access to more detailed breakdown between particular sub-units of the battlegroup? Some TO&E's or something similar? It can be in Finnish, I can google-translate it, but since only words in Your language I know are "Suomi", "Talvisota" and "Muumi" I have no chance to find such info on my own. ;)
That's still looks like a huge number - assuming that typical Western mechanized company has around 13-14 IFV/APC's, and even with extra support weapons carried on more armored vehicles it would be in the ca. 20/company range I had trouble to imagine use for more than ca. 100 of them. Sorry for digging it up like that, but I'm simply interested in topics of military organization. :)
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see more updates to this thread. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: January 28th, 2018, 11:31 am
NP, the figuring out the Orders of battles has been fun exercise for this AU, and I dont mind discussion over it. Unfortuanetly I've not managed to find myself more detailed organisation of the MekTS myself...how it breaks down to Company and platoon level) In principle i believe it follows the old Finnish system where Companies are divided into (4)-3+1+1+1 platoons totally, and if we assume each of them having 3 IFVs, it makes 18 per Company, and with two companies, 36, which leaves 12 from the 48 total numbers, and how strong is the Recon section (I assume its part of the HQ Company) I dont know.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 24  [ 238 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1024 »

Jump to: