[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 48  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1448 »
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 3:56 pm
Beautifullllll ship!Very nice work BB1987

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 4:22 pm
Awesome!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 4:44 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Amagi, Akagi, Takao and Atago.....
The Washington Naval Treaty, signed in February 1922, greatly reduced the tonnage allowed for capital ships in the signatory nations. The treaty also instituted a moratorium on new warship construction, but allowed both Japan and Koko to complete one warship over 35.000tons each that was currently under construction. Having no warships under construction to fullfill the allowances, Koko was ultimately allowed the transfer of one of the Capital ships under construction in Japan. With the IJN immediately choosing to complete Tosa as a battleship, Koko would have been granted one out of Kaga, Akagi or Amagi, as Takao and Atago were deemed not enough advanced to justify their completion..
Just days after the WNT ratification, a meeting between IJN and KnK Naval Staffs was called in Tokyo to dcide the fate of the three ships. As the IJN, unlike Koko no Kaigun, was also allowed to complete two capital ships under construction as Aircraft Carriers it was at least certain that all three would have been eventually built. At first members of the various Staffs were prone to complete Amagi and Akagi as carriers and to transfer Kaga to Koko no Kaigun upon completion, but the consideration of having the USN and the RN completing three and two 30+knot battlecruisers each ultimately led to the decision of granting Amagi to Koko. In August 1922 the deal was officially made, with construction on the Battlecruiser immediately restarted at Yokosuka.
I like but would you not have to name the ships in the WNT (and weights) or you run the risk of the IJN finishing Kii-class instead, I sure that the USN/RN will insist on specifics on what each side can build.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 5:50 pm
JSB wrote:
I like but would you not have to name the ships in the WNT (and weights) or you run the risk of the IJN finishing Kii-class instead, I sure that the USN/RN will insist on specifics on what each side can build.
But the Kiis are not elegible for completion even with the loopholes I've created in this WNT. Koko and Japan can finish one "overweight" capital ships each out of those already under construction, Kii and her sisters had not beign laid down yet so they cannot be built (*). Cant' we pretend that the ships I've mentioned by names for readers convenience were more "generically" mentioned in the treaty? The offical texts accompaining the retained warship lists on the OTL treaty says "ships which may be retained by X". I (or we) might assume that "Koko would have been granted one out of Kaga, Akagi or Amagi" I've written here would have appeared on the Treaty documents as "Koko may recieve one capital ship currently under construction in japan [etc.. reasons]" with no units explicitly named.

(*) the only change on other nations actual construction dates I've made affects the Royal Navy, with the first two G3s been laid down in October 1921 in order to fit the aforementioned requirements and allow their completion.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 8:02 pm
Sorry if you feel I'm nitpicking on a thread filled with such nice ships :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 8:12 pm
JSB wrote:
Sorry if you feel I'm nitpicking on a thread filled with such nice ships :mrgreen:
Naaah, I find your post beign more like constructive criticism than nitpicking, and I've nothing wrong with them :)

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 21st, 2015, 7:56 am
Excellent additions!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 23rd, 2015, 9:29 pm
Yuuka Class Destroyer (Part 1, 1927-1940):

In 1923, as soon as the first Shion and Okaze class Destroyers were entering service, Koko no Kaigun's Naval Staff was already contemplating a new class of ships to be put into service once the production lines of the earlier classes had been exausted. At first a simple repetition of the Japanese Mutsuki (also in planning stage at the time) was considered, but Okaze succesful sea-trials led the Naval Staff to choose for placing further orders of ships of that type in order to focus on more advanced designs.
With a planned deadline set for 1925, Koko no Kaigun designers took apart the IJN Mutsuki blueprints, producing a larger ship in the process: the new hull had more lenght, beam, draft and depth while retaining similar lines. The design also called for a similar range and an increased top speed while compared to the Minekaze/Kamikaze/Mutsuki family, torpedo complement was to remain the same, but gun armament was planned to be increased from four to five guns. The resulting project was thus the most ambitious Destroyer design made by KnK since the Sato class. Since the Sato was unanimously considered as a failure the Naval Staff initally ordered a single ship to be built and evaluated before proceeding with a full scale construction. Thus the first, and at the time only, ship of the new class was laid down at Toumachi Naval Arsenal in 1925. Named Yuuka, the ship was launched in 1926, starting a long stint of pre-commissioning trials by the second half of the year.
110,6m long, 9,8 abeam and drafting 3 the new destroyer displaced 1.535T at standard load, over 16% more than a Mutsuki, from which it derived. It had an armament of 5 120mm/45 guns in single shielded mounts, six 610mm torpedo launchers in two triple sets with reloads and two 7.7mm/94 machine guns. Unlike those of the Sato, Yuuka's trials were a success: the four boilers, powering two geared turbines with 44.000shp propelled the ship with ease at speeds between 37,6 and 37,8 knots, above than the planned 37,5. Endurance was 3.900 nautical miles at 14 knots, this too higher than the initial requirements by 300 miles.
Pleased by the unexpected success, the Navy immediately placed order for another 17 units, five to be built at Toumachi Naval Arsenal, 8 at Kousaten and 4 at Hoshiguma.The first two beign already under construction by the end of the year. Yuuka herself was commissioned in early 1927.
[ img ]
Despite the more revolutionary Fubuki class was already under full costruction in Japan by the time Yuuka's first sisters were entering service Koko no Kaigun choose to stick with their latest home-designed destroyer for the full lenght of its planned building run, but this not without giving them further upgrades during construction whenever this was possible. Starting with Koakuma, in 1929, the ships sported a redesigned, fully enclosed bridge structure. an RDF installation was fitted at midship, just forward of the second funnel. Both smokestacks were also raised to keep smoke away from the decks.
[ img ]
Tewi, the last ship to be commissioned in 1932, recieved splinter-proof torpedo launcher-turrets like the Japanese Akatsukis, which allowed the torpedo launcher tubes to be reloaded in action and protected crew and equipment from rough seas.
[ img ]
The 18 Yuuka Class ships formed six Kuchikutais, operating under three Suirai Sentai units for all the 30's. During the second half of the decade all were refitted, recieving the enclosed bridge and enclosed torpedo launchers the late units had since commissioning. In addition to that the RDF equipment was replaced and relocated near the searchlight platform, and the two 7.7mm machine guns were replaced by two single 25mm ones, fitted abaft the new RDF room.
[ img ]
Despite beign the final evolution of a design first concieved in 1917 (as the Japanese Minekaze), the Yuuka Class ships proved to be reliable and capable vessels during their peacetime service, so Koko no Kaigun still considered them suitable for frontline duties, as war was already raging in Europe, and seemingly coming closer in the Pacific Ocean too.....

Ships in class: (laid down-launched-commissioned - fate)

yuuka 1925-1926-1927 - ?
mugetsu 1926-1927-1928 - ?
ran 1926-1927-1928 - ?
yuki 1927-1928-1929 - ?
mai 1927-1928-1928 - ?
yumeko 1927-1929-1930 - ?
shinki 1927-1929-1929 - ?
daiyousei 1927-1928-1929 - ?
koakuma 1928-1929-1929 - ?
sakuya 1928-1929-1930 - ?
youmu 1928-1929-1929 - ?
yuyuko 1928-1929-1929 - ?
yukari 1929-1930-1931 - ?
ranko 1929-1930-1930 - ?
gengetsu 1929-1930-1931 - ?
suika 1929-1930-1931 - ?
keine 1929-1930-1931 - ?
tewi 1930-1931-1932 - ?

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 24th, 2015, 12:20 am
Awesome!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 24th, 2015, 9:00 am
Another excellent AU design and a good backstory too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 48  [ 478 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1448 »

Jump to: