Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 58  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1058 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 22nd, 2015, 7:39 am
That's an excellent looking design and well thought out too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 23rd, 2015, 8:02 pm
Thanks to you all. :)

Now, a bit of geography, click to reveal a HUGE map of Koko archipelago:
[ img ]
If someone do spot some resemblance in style with GarlicDesign's excellent Thiaria map, well this is not a coincidence. I do like his map very much and I'm truly grateful to him for having allowed me to work on my map starting from the same template and color palette.

Major Cities are labeled according to their population, the 10 largest are:
-Toumachi, 7.058.787
-Kousaten, 2.838.668
-Hoshiguma, 2.172.881
-Kumoi, 1.847.860
-Minatogawa, 1.352.822
-Fuyuki, 1.179.219
-Taniguchi, 1.103.402
-Higashinada, 1.090.564
-Moriya, 1.084.246
-Chiyoko, 921.450

Major naval bases are also labeled, the five guard districs (from north to south) are:
-Hokuto (on Tenji Island)
-Taniguchi (on Yomei Island)
-Egawa (on Ojin)
-Toumachi/Yamasaki (on Koko, Headquarters)
-Hoshiguma (on Koko)

Secondary bases are also located at:
-Mizushimo (Submarines)
-Sado (Submarines)
-Teshigawa
-Shirominato (Submarines, operated 1953-1996)
-Miyamori (Submarines)
-Nagaisaka
-Kumoi
-Mitsuminato (Submarines)

I have also updated the first post with extra informations in a loosely wikipedia-ish way.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 24th, 2015, 2:37 pm
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 24th, 2015, 3:56 pm
The second design for Koko no Kaigun Shi-Shi/Shi-Ni Kantai was modeled from the IJN Tosa plans. Modifications from the original design were less extensive when compared to the preceding fast-Nagato class: the hull was stretched from 234,3 to 245,3 meters, while beam and draft remained the same, although freeboard was increased toward the stern to improve seakeeping.This gave to the ship slightly finer lines. All the planned lenghtening went to the engine section, with the addition of four extra boilers and larger turbine sets for an increase of power from 92.000 to 125.000 shp. Top speed was planned to be 28,5knots like the fast-Nagato design. Tosa primary, secondary and torpedo armament were to be kept, with just four 120mm AA guns replacing the 76mm ones. Armor belt thickness was to be icreased from 280mm to 305mm, tapering to 152mm fore and aft of the magazines, deck armor would have grown from 102 to 130mm. Bunkerage would have increased in order to mantain endurance to 5.500nm at 16knot, planned displacement was over 40.000t standard and 44.500T full load.
Ordered in October 1921 at Toumachi Naval Arsenal and Yamatogawa shipyards, the two planned units of the class were supposed to be laid down by early 1923, but were delayed at first and then canceled in August 1922 as a consequence of the Washington Naval Treaty ratification.
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 24th, 2015, 6:46 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 24th, 2015, 10:08 pm
Very nice work on the map!

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 25th, 2015, 12:00 pm
Another impressive looking battlecruiser.
Maps aren't my territory, but this does look to be one of the best AU ones I've seen.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 25th, 2015, 9:42 pm
Level of quality of some AU's is reaching new heights recently. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: April 26th, 2015, 8:53 am
Hood wrote:
Another impressive looking battlecruiser.
Maps aren't my territory, but this does look to be one of the best AU ones I've seen.
Thanks, still, while I indeed I have drawn the map myself, it is also true that if Garlic had not made his excellent Thiaria map (which impressed me quite a bit) I would have not tought of doing something similar for my AU. So somewhat he deserved his own share of praise for not only creating his, but also inspiring someone else (me) to do something similar.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 8th, 2015, 1:46 pm
Last entry for the pre-WNT fleet plans (some two weeks later than I had planned but whatever...):

The third finalized design for Koko's Shi-Shi/Shi-Ni Kantai took off from one of the discarded IJN Hachi-Hachi Kantai proposals. Completely revisiting Design-B Koko designers increased both belt and deck armor sacrificing 1,5knots form the original intended top speed of 30knots. The ship was to be 258m long overall (255 at the waterline), 34m abeam and with a draft of 9,4m for a standard displacement of 46.243t and a full load of 50.615t. Oil firing boilers powering four turbine sets with 135.000shp would have propelled the ships to at least 28,5knots, enought to jointly operate wit the planned fast Nagato and Tosa designs. Endurance was to be 5.600nm at 16knots. Just as the American South Dakotas already under construction, the two Battleship planned for Koko would have sported twelve 409mm guns in triple turrets, a first for local shipyards, anticipating even Japan, who had planned the entire Hachi-Hachi Kantai around twin gunned Battleships. Secondary armament would have consisted of sixteen 140mm guns in casemate mounts, while for AA duties a battery of four 120mm high-angle guns in single mounts was to be installed. Eight above-water torpedo tubes were also planned. Main belt, inclined 15° in, would have been 305mm thick, with 152mm ends protecting the torpedo rooms and the steering gear. A second strake 140mm thick would have protected the casemate mounts, while main deck had a planned 130mm thicknes, with a 37mm extension above the steering gear. 25+19mm torpedo bulkheads were also planned. Conning tower was to be 369mm thick, while gun and barbette armor would had a maximum thickness of 305mm each.
[ img ]
Design had been finalized by December 1921: the two ships were supposed to be laid down by 1924, or 1925 at worst, but orders were never placed as the Washington Naval Conference and subsequent Treaty ratification first delayed, then killed the project.

A fourth and last Shi-Shi Kantai design was considered in late 1921 to complete the fleet, initial requirements called for six 460mm guns in three twin turrets with a required top speed of at least 28,5 knots, but a 30+knot ship was also considered and strongly advised by the Naval Staff. Further planning never took place as the Washington Naval Treaty was signed in 1922.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 58  [ 573 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1058 »

Jump to: