Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 10  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Lothringen, Southern SuperpowerPosted: September 20th, 2015, 1:31 pm
The Baltland class are slightly out of date. The style of armoured cruiser you have drawn, finished production 1906-07. It is seriously outclassed by any battlecruiser. Any 2 BC's would probably sink all ten. They would not be a good investment. A better use of the resources would be 10 x 30 knot CL's armed with 5 or 6 - 6".

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Lothringen, Southern SuperpowerPosted: September 20th, 2015, 11:18 pm
Ok, got it but I will keep the cruisers

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Lothringen, Southern SuperpowerPosted: September 21st, 2015, 9:40 am
Wittmann class Light Cruiser
Lothringenese Federal Navy in 1914 realized that it had no light cruisers to support their battleships and battlecruisers so they began work on a class of cruisers. So in 1916, Lothringen's first light cruiser class came into service, the Wittmann class light cruisers. They were given a main battery of six 6 inch guns and a secondary battery of four 4 inch guns and two twin 21 inch torpedo launchers. They had a top speed of 28.5 knots thanks to their 2 steam turbines powered by 6 boilers producing 45000 hp or 33560 kW. Fifteen were built. Two still stand today, LS Hamilton and LS Yeager.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Lothringen, Southern SuperpowerPosted: October 10th, 2015, 6:25 am
Infanterie class Destroyer
The Lothringenese Federal Navy, after seeing German, American and British Navy employ destroyers, launch their own class of destroyers which were licensed copies of the Acorn class destroyers of the British Navy. This class called the Infanterie class. 25 ships were built. This class was armed with two 4 inch guns with a second battery of two 12 pounder guns. It had three double 21 inch torpedo launchers. The class had no armour. The class had a top speed of 28 knots powered by 4 boilers and two turbines that generated 14000 shp or 10440kW. All destroyers of this class were scrapped.
[ img ]

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on October 10th, 2015, 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Lothringen, Southern SuperpowerPosted: October 10th, 2015, 6:33 am
Looks ok, but you have a lot of unused space between the aft mast and the aft 4". You could fit a 3rd set of twin torpedoes in that space. Give them a decent torpedo armament.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Lothringen, Southern SuperpowerPosted: October 10th, 2015, 8:18 am
Krakatoa wrote:
Looks ok, but you have a lot of unused space between the aft mast and the aft 4". You could fit a 3rd set of twin torpedoes in that space. Give them a decent torpedo armament.
I have done what you suggested

Musketier class Destroyer
The Lothringenese Federal Navy began construction on a new class of destroyers after the break of World War 1. This new class of destroyer, called the Musketier class were armed with four 4 inch guns and two 7.7 mm machine guns. This class has four Twin 21 inch torpedo tube launchers. This class has a top speed of 29 knots powered by 4 boilers and 2 steam turbines creating 150000 shp or 111855 kW. This class has no armour. They continued to serve until 1935.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 10  [ 96 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10

Jump to: