Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 28  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 528 »
heuhen
Post subject: Caledonia??Posted: November 12th, 2015, 9:46 pm
Could hold back anymore and had to post these.

This map show only the main part of Caledonia, colonies (if you want to call them that) is not on the drawings.
[ img ]

More info to come.... standby!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 12th, 2015, 9:46 pm
Support.

Caledonia Naval forces main task is to support land forces, but also have the capability for over the sea operation. Due to this Caledonia Navy have an rather large support fleet of various ships types. Her is an collection of them:

L3-class

One of the many small work horses of the Navy. What ever the task is, these ships is always around ready to help. Every single Naval port in Caledonia have these workhorses. Naval exercise: they tow targets, they pick up torpedoes, they transport equipment... They do everything. and due to it's size almost all officers with some sort of ship certification can use them, there is a saying in the Navy that all officers have commanded them at some point in the carers, at least 10 times.

[ img ]

L5-class

Need a landing ship, that can be used as a part of a staging point base. or give artillery support. or do you need an Forward operation room. The L5-class is the "do it all" ship. They are also fast, prototype of them have managed to get close to 43 knots during trials (light ship).

[ img ]

L6-class

It was a class of ships build to support the L3-class roles. But also do the more heavy and longer ranged work. There wasn't build many of them, but those that was build was used quit often, something resulted in large service and repair expenses.

[ img ]

L9-class

One of the larger support ships of the Navy, here rigged for landing ship transport. Together with L10-class they was the backbone of the 70-80's support fleet.

[ img ]

L10-class

Was build as an enlarged version of the L9-class, the idea was to have the capability to transport more, on fewer ships.

[ img ]

L50-class

Landing ships designed to replace L5-class. They was build under building order that said "When 1 L5-class is retired, build a new L50-class to replace it. in a ratio to 1:1". the Navy expect the building program to exist for the next 25-30 years, they also expect that the last L50-class build will be totally different to the first L50-class build.

[ img ]

L80-class

A large landing ship, build more as an semi landing ship. Basically the idea behind the design was to have an landing ship with a little better sea capability, and somewhat reduced landing capability.

[ img ]

L100-class

To replace the aging L9-class, the Navy build the L100-class. The ship gave the Navy much more capability to support the army, both in home water and in foreign waters.

[ img ]

L150-class and L150B-class

To replace the L10-class the Navy come up with the L150(B)-class. They improved the capability of the Support fleet drastically, with their straight true deck and large helicopter deck.

[ img ]
[ img ]

L180-class

The L180-class gave the Navy a much needed capability to support the army in any scenario, and it also free up the two CVN and the four aging CV.

[ img ]

Last edited by heuhen on April 8th, 2017, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 12th, 2015, 9:47 pm
The more offensive firepower of the Navy (more to come):

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

A prototype frigate build to test out new equipment.
[ img ]

Was planned to be retired for a long time ago, but the Navy always found a use for them. One of the Navy's argument was that they needed the firepower from the F-class main guns, as the Admiral of the Navy said: "those three twin Automatic 155 mm guns are unique with there long barrel and somewhat modern systems, giving them a capability to fire at extreme ranges and that they can fire modern shells is an big advantage. If we can't find a good replacement for her and her sister ship, we will test them with Archer ammunition, to see if the gun can handle it. Or if we need to upgrade the guns"
[ img ]

Small islands, large rivers, fast attack boat, in wolf pack. Nightmare.
[ img ]

(side note: Caledonia advertise to international companies for a new aircraft. An aircraft that can replace the aging Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II, The main role of these aircraft will be to support the Army ground forces, but also support the Navy during landings. (Anyone that want can come with there version for an replacement, Caledonia can even buy from other AU world (FD-scale)))

Last edited by heuhen on April 8th, 2017, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 12th, 2015, 10:00 pm
Brace yourselves guys, Heuhen's on a roll...

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 12th, 2015, 10:22 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Brace yourselves guys, Heuhen's on a roll...
smoked some weeeeed.... and gone maaaad

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 12th, 2015, 10:33 pm
Awesome stuff, heuhen!
The title of L-180 class says "L-150".
Also "Brown", "Castle", "Eagle" classes and the Pr.7891 say Haram in the title: are they Haram or Caledonia? Or both? ("Brown" and "Befer" fly the same flag)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 12th, 2015, 10:38 pm
Quote:
The title of L-180 class says "L-150".
lot to write, so mistake happens. While I was confused on something else.
Quote:
Also "Brown", "Castle", "Eagle" classes and the Pr.7891 say Haram in the title: are they Haram or Caledonia? Or both? ("Brown" and "Befer" fly the same flag)
Well I used templates I had around and forgot to edit. But some of the ship come from Haram AU, but have been updated, since they was so good from before...

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 13th, 2015, 1:05 am
Great work Harry,

Great looking set of ships.

(The last time I saw some of those hulls they were underneath some Atlantean ships)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 13th, 2015, 5:30 am
Krakatoa wrote:
(The last time I saw some of those hulls they were underneath some Atlantean ships)
Great hull never dies!

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: November 13th, 2015, 3:04 pm
Great work Heuhen! Some of us just do what we can and some what they want... ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 28  [ 271 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 528 »

Jump to: