Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 28  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 628 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: January 10th, 2016, 10:48 pm
The battleship have been updated with an after 1942 upgrade!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: March 27th, 2016, 5:12 pm
Hammer class
Attack/support submarine (fat-body)

Designed to support an Aircraft carrier fleet with it's advance sensors and it's hunting capability against other submarines. Compared to size the submarine was one of the most exspensive submarine build by Caledonia. It's high technology next generation sensors and computer systems, gave it a superior capability over other submarines of similar type. But it came at an cost, the design of the submarine made it sluggish to control, compared to other submarines, she was also quit different to control, and crew from other submarines needed to be retrain before they could drive here. The top speed of the 2 first submarines was 22 knots, making it the slowest submarine in the fleet, but remaining 6 submarines had an improved engine and managed 26 knots.

The class had an impressive armament of 12 torpedo tubes, with 22 torpedoes, with space for additional 8 more. she also carried a simplified version of an VLS designed to fire up a type of sensor-drones-platform high up in the air.

with an aft passive sonar, flank sonar, a VLS based sonar-drone and one upper and lower bow sonar, she had what she needed to detect anything in here area.

This class of 8 submarine was described as an class of submarines that could pick their target at will. and attack, when they want to.

[ img ]

Last edited by heuhen on April 8th, 2017, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: March 28th, 2016, 10:00 am
That's a neat little sub, perhaps a tad ugly up front but it looks good.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: March 29th, 2016, 2:54 pm
Nice work ;-)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: March 30th, 2016, 8:32 am
One other nitpick, the bulge aft just ahead of the fins is on the starboard side in the side profile and on the port side on the top-view.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: March 30th, 2016, 2:47 pm
I can't totally figure out why one would place a large flank array abeam the machinery spaces.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: March 30th, 2016, 3:10 pm
Thanks you all. I did the drawing a bit fast.... but nehh
Hood wrote:
That's a neat little sub, perhaps a tad ugly up front but it looks good.
My reasoning to give it that bow, is mainly due to that she should have space for 12 torpedo tubes, a large torpedo magazine, next gen sonars (for testing before being used in much larger submarines) and 4 simplified-homemade-ish VLS.... Big bang in small area, will always give large problem, and this submarine have those problems. but I did it on purpose.
Hood wrote:
One other nitpick, the bulge aft just ahead of the fins is on the starboard side in the side profile and on the port side on the top-view.
upsi, should be on both side.
erik_t wrote:
I can't totally figure out why one would place a large flank array abeam the machinery spaces.
Yeah I'll move it more forward. right aft for the sail.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: May 5th, 2016, 4:03 pm
Delta class Helicopter carrier

Delta class was bigger than what the Admiralty really wanted, the Admiralty wanted an small compact carrier, that could do task, the larger one could do. But the advantages, the carrier designed by the "Royal household" engineering company and "AT Design" agency (Advance Technology), could give over smaller and more compact design, but also the request from the Naval fighter pilots, for having a backup landing field out there. persuaded the Admiralty to go for the Delta class.

The Delta class wasn't actually build to be impressive in the sensor and Radar department, but it could impress most Naval officers with other capability. Here Strengthened hull construction that was divided up in more compartment than normal and a armored deck, gave the class and excellent survivability chance compared to other ships. And with 2 massive turbines and 4 large Diesel generators, gave here the ability to run at high speed, but to an cost....

Crew compartment are cramped but here open areas is huge.

Spec.data:

Displacement: Max: 20 000 tons
Length: 172 meter
Beam: Extrem: 36 meter
Draft: 8.2 meter
Propulsion: 2 X 30000 hp Madger "Heracle" Mk.34 B-8 Turbine, 4 Olympus D16E4 (5000 hp each). Tot.: 80000hp + several small generators.
Speed: 20 knots cruise, 31 knots max.
Range: 9000 nmi
Troops: up to 250 Commandos
Crew: Standard 500, max 1000.
Armament:
- 2 twin 60mm Havok (can fire 57mm shells with modification)
- 1 Mk48 mod 3
- Several railing mounted machine guns.
Aircraft facility:
- 15 large Helicopter
- 8 Small Helicopter
or
- 20 Fighter jet
Aviation facilities:
Flight deck 169 meter, 6+1 landing spot for helicopters. 1 High air pressure, coil driven Ramp for launch of fight jet.

[ img ]

Last edited by heuhen on April 8th, 2017, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: May 5th, 2016, 4:38 pm
you do realise that the STIR 120 is newer by years then your ship design seems to be?

I also have doubts about the strength of that hull (especially since there is an large hangar inside) with all those boat openings.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Caledonia??Posted: May 5th, 2016, 4:51 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
you do realise that the STIR 120 is newer by years then your ship design seems to be?
Witch model would you go for then, I just need a small and simple one, to give the double redundancy control ... or something in that area, some are not my specialty!

acelanceloet wrote:
I also have doubts about the strength of that hull (especially since there is an large hangar inside) with all those boat openings.
Well I designed here with the mind of an inner hull and outer hull, Hangar is in the inner hull, while boat openings are on the outer hull. I wrote in the description that she also have an abnormal strengthened hull with more than normal amount of compartment and armored deck, to compensate for the problem.

I have also noticed that other similar vessels, have fewer openings, but they are much bigger, that in it self can be en weakness or harder to strengthen than smaller openings... yeah I used the brain for.... 1.03469 seconds there!

What if I say, that I don't look at the boxes as an part of the hull, just something that are designed to hang on to the hull it self.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 28  [ 271 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 628 »

Jump to: