Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
iiradned
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 23rd, 2016, 9:44 am
Some nice looking subs.

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 23rd, 2016, 2:18 pm
The series is evolving nicely as it goes on. I admit I wasn't really convinced with the initial version (FAS-50), but the newer variants start really looking more business like.
Good drawings either way!

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 23rd, 2016, 4:45 pm
citizen lambda wrote:
The series is evolving nicely as it goes on. I admit I wasn't really convinced with the initial version (FAS-50), but the newer variants start really looking more business like.
Good drawings either way!

Thank you, although the FAS series is complete, i will add few more subs (restarted FAS65 - updated variant FAS65 II)cancelled subs like FAS85/75, FAS95 and FAS100

Last edited by zagoreni010 on March 26th, 2016, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 24th, 2016, 10:38 am
I still working on remaining (cancelled) FAS series, however i want to add another sub,

this sub is sucessor to Japanese Soryu class submarine, and as diesel electric attack submarine i believe it fully qualifiys for this topic. And it is also part of my AU story so why not,

Vessel Type: Fast Attack Submarine
Builder: Mitstubishi Heavy Industries
Introduced: Originally 2019 - First boat built in 2022
Price: Unknown
Length: 87 meters
Beam: 8.6 meters
Propulsion: New generation of disel-electric engine, fuel cells,
Max deepth: 850 meters
Speed: 19 knots (surfaced), 31 knots (submerged)
Crew: 6 officers, 38 enlisted

Armament: 6x 21'' bow torpedo launchers for ASW-ASuW torpedoes, 2x 21'' aft torpedo launchers for ASW-ASuW torpedoes (in total can carry 24 torpedoes), 8x VLS for Anti-ship, anti-air missiles (up to 16 missiles), 24 mines
It have advanced counter measures against both torpedoes and guided missiles, also ship is equipped with jammer technology.
Heavy tripple hull with anti-sonar layer on hull

(This story is alternative to one i used before)

Ryujin is originally designed as a supplement to already advanced Soryu class. It was believed that this submarine and additional Soryu subs were direct answer on growing threat from China. In period from 2000-2020 China rapidly grow its navy, it was believed that by the 2025-30 there will be over seventy submarines in Chinese navy. With Chinese expansions this makes great threat to every nation nearby. It is not suprised that South Korea and Japan decided to double its military expnesures, building more ships then it was originally intented. While Japan expected to have around 22-24 subs by the 2022, with Chinese expansion number of submarines were to increase on 34. In the new plan, it was decided that all ten Oyashio class submarines will be upgraded, Soryu class which originally was number eleven boats was increased to fifteen with possibility of six additional units and finally third submarine class the Ryujin was introduced as supplement to Soryu. Basicly Ryujin took many technologies and even some of its design but it was brand new submarine. Ryujin had many improvements over Soryu although all of these improvements were later added to Soryu as well.

Two batches (each having 5 boats) were planned for 2022-2030 period with possibility of third batch as well.

Batch I:

518 Ryujin - commissioned in 2022
521 Raijin - commissioned in 2022
522 Fujin - commissioned in 2023
523 Tenjin - to be commissioned in later 2023
524 Suijin - to be commissioned in 2024

Batch II:

525 Tengu - to be commissioned in 2024
526 Izanami - to be commissioned in 2025
527 Izanagi - to be commissioned in 2025
528 Ninigi - to be commissioned in 2026
529 Tsukuyomi - to be commissioned in 2026

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 26th, 2016, 12:27 pm
With exception of FAS65 II other variants on this charts were cancelled models that never enter production.

FAS65 II improved bow design, additional VLS launchers - with expcetion of other three subs, this one is actually added to market, although few countries were interested (including somoe that already operates FAS65) so far no orders were maded
FAS85/75 improved FAS75/72 design, experimental propulsion
FAS95 slightly enlarged and upgraded FAS90
FAS100 largest in series, featuring additional weaponary, and many other changes and improvements

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: January 17th, 2017, 9:10 am
You might have a noisy eddy maker under the bow. That hull break may cause wetting to lose flow stick to the hull and that could produce boundary cavitation and popping when you reach the keel ribs. That is possibly why the Virginias and the Seawolfs have that weird sail match to faring at the sail step. The desire to eliminate a "knuckle".

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor01
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: January 18th, 2017, 9:53 pm
Tobius wrote:
You might have a noisy eddy maker under the bow. That hull break may cause wetting to lose flow stick to the hull and that could produce boundary cavitation and popping when you reach the keel ribs. That is possibly why the Virginias and the Seawolfs have that weird sail match to faring at the sail step. The desire to eliminate a "knuckle".
Indeed, but since this is in Alternative Universe, the sensor-sonar beneath the bow can be something else, and in AU different materials can be used in ship construction which reduce the drag no matter how the ship looks, (i say ships, i mean subs for this topic),

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: January 19th, 2017, 4:05 am
Zagor01 wrote:
Tobius wrote:
Indeed, but since this is in Alternative Universe, the sensor-sonar beneath the bow can be something else, and in AU different materials can be used in ship construction which reduce the drag no matter how the ship looks, (i say ships, i mean subs for this topic),
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fair point that one and quite a good one, but flow physics is flow physics no matter the friction coefficient and "stick". You may get that bubble cavitation formation anyway along the flow break, as the result; even if the HY100 steel is special surface treated with titanium slider BBs.

Still like those boats, though. Good job. Kind of "German". 8-) 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor01
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: February 17th, 2017, 8:35 am
Tobius wrote:
Zagor01 wrote:
Tobius wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fair point that one and quite a good one, but flow physics is flow physics no matter the friction coefficient and "stick". You may get that bubble cavitation formation anyway along the flow break, as the result; even if the HY100 steel is special surface treated with titanium slider BBs.

Still like those boats, though. Good job. Kind of "German". 8-) 8-)
Thx, they are mix between German and Japanese designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: