Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 5:16 pm
TristanAlting wrote:
I'm going to expand on the idea of Japan and Germany preparing for the war and combating less experienced soldiers. Japan will have had some extra time to spy on the US and prepare themselves accordingly by focusing on building more aircraft carriers, training more experienced fighter pilots and generally just building more warships to fight against the powerful US navy.
Great. Now you are starting out against something closer to a two-ocean Navy. That makes the war shorter, not longer. That the IJN pulled off what it did would likely be ASB territory in another universe.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 5:20 pm
I'm solving very problem bit by bit. Right now I'm focusing on the tactical decisions Japan made that costed them the war, namely the fact that they focused less on their carriers and their fighter pilots and the Americans gained the upper hand with their own carriers.

In this AU, Japan will develop their carriers instead of relying to much on their heavier warships

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 5:26 pm
When I was conceptualizing this AU, I knew very well I was bending the rules and making the situation unlikely at times.

I would prefer advice on how the Axis would gain the upper hand in the first part of the war, and not be told how it's impossible. Like I said, I've already bent the rules a bit (or a lot). I would like advice on how to make the situation a bit more possible :)

The tides will turn eventually and I'm still thinking on the Allies would turn the tables, I have a few ideas already. One involves mutiny on the Japanese side.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 5:33 pm
The thing is, that the Axis position was unteenable; it wasn't just about tactical and strategical mistakes by the Axis along the way. You'd have to change practically everything about the outset and initial strengths(not just military, but social and economical), in a way that would render the scenario practically unrecognizable.
My advice? Go with the Kreigsmarine '46 approach: "We're drawing over-the-top ships and want a context for them, and to hell with believablility." It's a thread that will be heavily carried by the quality of its designs and drawings, but then again, this is a forum for shipdrawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 5:41 pm
TristanAlting wrote:
When I was conceptualizing this AU, I knew very well I was bending the rules and making the situation unlikely at times.

I would prefer advice on how the Axis would gain the upper hand in the first part of the war, and not be told how it's impossible. Like I said, I've already bent the rules a bit (or a lot). I would like advice on how to make the situation a bit more possible :)
Thing is, the kind of changes you'd need to do that are so huge and far reaching that you'd end up with an entirely different geopolitical setup. We're not talking small stuff like whether the IJN focussed on Carriers or Battlships, but rather if the Meiji restoration failed.
It doesn't matter if the Japanese has a few more carriers when their enemies can build them by the dozens in just a few years. Sure, it might have helped in the first year to year and a half of the war, but once the US gets its industrial might into gear it's just a matter of time. Buckets of instant sunshine or no.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 5:51 pm
Also, Germany never had the means to invade Britain. It took the combined might of the two biggest navies in the world and several years of operational experience to make it possible. Experience Germany has no way of getting.
You also simply don't seem to get just how big places like Africa, Russia and India is. It gets even worse when you consider the fact that the mainstay of both Germany and Japan's logistics was the horse drawn wagon.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 6:02 pm
Ok we'll assume the Axis enabled cheat codes at the beginning of the and got a million more factories....ok that was lame....

Anyway I'll try to figure this out and make the scenario *slightly* more believable.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 6:07 pm
Come on guys It does not Matter if its posible or not , all that matters is whats comming of the drawingboard.

And as we all know the Axis could not have won the war as they were fighting the two supper powers and they could produce more as the Axis could destroy.

And if we look at the real history you could say the war lasted longer, in that time there were a lot of colonial wars and we had the war in Korea

And a bouth the Germans invasion in England.
Yes the germans did not have the ships to do that beside a bouth a few thousend river barges they had convicated for it
Even some Germand did not beleve it would sucseed
But in a AU like this you can Change a lot of things to make it work.

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 6:11 pm
Thanks for saying that! I was too afraid to say it myself.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 6:16 pm
Wel thats were we are here for. We all like to make gread drawings of things . And i know i am not good in Making ships but love the see them.

So let them come.

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: