Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Republic of HonenPosted: April 7th, 2017, 1:17 pm
Probably the underwater hull might benefit to a redesign at the stern, but believe it or not, Zagor's DD has the same draft of the Japanese Atago-Class, what makes it look much bulkier is that his ship has just a two-pixel black-boot-topping
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: Republic of HonenPosted: April 7th, 2017, 2:59 pm
I think his looks bulkier because the Superstructure is one solid piece rather than two distinct sections like Atago.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor01
Post subject: Re: Republic of HonenPosted: April 8th, 2017, 10:26 am
Specifications:
Class: Kitsune
Type: Heavy missile attack ship
Year of introduction: 2017
Length: 110m
Crew: 77
Speed: 34 knots

Armaments:

1x OTO Melara 76mm gun
1x Mk II "Notachi" CIWS
12-Cell VLS for twelve anti air missiles
16x Harpoon launchers (only HNS Kitsune carrys 16 Harpoon launchers, remaining ships carry eight launchers)
2x M2 Browning - manned machine guns
4x twin torpedo launchers for MU90 lightweight torpedoes (two mounted on each side of the hull)

Aircraft: Small to medium sized helicopter can land on landing pad.

Kitsune is sub variant of the Japanese Oda class. Originally ten ships were ordered, but that was then cut to six and finally to only four. Ships were constructed by Aichii Shipbuilding Company and Japanese Mitstubishi Heavy Industries (Honen division). These ships were ordered as replacement for six aging Sawano missile corvettes. While only few meters longer then Oda class, it carry the same radar and sensor (electronic in general) systems, and its weapons were more or less the same. It armament consist of OTO Melara 76mm naval gun. One Mk II Notachi CIWS for close in defenses. Twelve VLS cells which carry's only anti-air missiles (although any other kind can be added as well). Two M2 Browning machine guns and four twin torpedo launchers for lightweight torpedoes. Its main weapon however is its Harpoon launchers. It can carry from eight to sixteen launchers. However while larger amount of Harpoons allow more firepower, it also needed more space. Only Kitsune iself carry all sixteen launchers, while other three ships carry eight.

Kitsune class is suitable for hit and run tactics, it is fast, very maneuverable and well armed. With its firepower it can strike any surface target, from smallest patrol boat to aircraft carrier with deadly precision. It is not designed to go toe vs toe with large surface combatants like destroyers, although it can attack it without problem with its missiles. In short Kitsune is basically one big missile boat. Honen naval command plan to replace Harpoon launchers and missiles with its own domestic missile which was to be introduced into navy from 2024.

Ships:

110 HNS Kitsune - commissioned in 2018 built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Honen Division)in Mizuho Home port - Toyoma
111 HNS Tanuki - commissioned in 2018 built by Aichii Shipbuilding Company in Omorika Home port - Gehi
112 HNS Houou - commissioned in 2019 built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Honen Division) in Mizuho Home port - Gehi
113 HNS Mizuchi - commissioned in 2020 built by Aichii Shipbuilding Company in Omorika Home port - Tabakuma

[ img ]

Last edited by Zagor01 on April 8th, 2017, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Republic of HonenPosted: April 8th, 2017, 12:58 pm
Hi, looks good so far ;-)

However there are some points to think about IMHO:
-double black lines (esp. the bridge, the SAT behind the funnel, under the helipad)
-may make the whole bridge 2px smaller in height so that the windows are flush with the railing (looks better IMHO)
-check the transition to the heli pad, it's screwed up a bit
-the design should have stealth abilities? Then rethink the railing (some parts with/ some without), I suggest to remove them all ;-)
-remove the VLS cells, I think that drawing is outdaded and they would be integrated and not visible
-move the main gun 3px down so it is flush with the main deck (better for stealth)
-make the stabilizer fin smaller (esp. in hight)
-angles under 90deg shouldn't be black (the bevels in the front and the brigde extension)

Thats what I see, mainly drawing wise, other may find some more thinks about the systems ;-)
But go on and it will become better and better ;-)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Republic of HonenPosted: April 8th, 2017, 1:01 pm
While I echo Skyder's comments, your drawing is very well done. Good job.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor01
Post subject: Re: Republic of HonenPosted: April 8th, 2017, 4:11 pm
Ok, i think i correct most if not all what Skyder pointed,

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: