Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 22 of 46  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page « 120 21 22 23 2446 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: March 25th, 2011, 7:04 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
Awesome. I love it! ;)

But they must be a little bit wider i quess?
Totally agree! 2m+?

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: March 25th, 2011, 7:16 pm
heuhen wrote:
MitcheLL300 wrote:
Awesome. I love it! ;)

Totally agree! 2m+?
Meh you have to think.
You got a ''heavy?'' bridge on one side. And at the opposite site its empty.
If you put a helicopter there its balanced, but if not. And you go into sea state 7+. Hehe :)
Yeah about 1.5meter to 2 i quess.

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: March 25th, 2011, 7:19 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
heuhen wrote:
MitcheLL300 wrote:
Awesome. I love it! ;)

Totally agree! 2m+?
Meh you have to think.
You got a ''heavy?'' bridge on one side. And at the opposite site its empty.
If you put a helicopter there its balanced, but if not. And you go into sea state 7+. Hehe :)
Yeah about 1.5meter to 2 i quess.
thx!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: March 29th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Back in the 60's-50's Horten naval shipyard come with many suggestions of naval ships, to try to avoid being laid down. on of many suggestions they come with was:

FCX 268 Command and FXX 268

What was special with these Frigates and the command vessel, was that they had to work in teams, to be a complet attack force. The strategy would be that if the vessels were working individually, they would only be able to defend itself, but sometimes could attack, if the enemy made ​​a mistake.

But if they worked together (three Frigates and command vessel), they would be able to work as pure attack vessels. The command vessel had a larger and better radar and sensor equipment than the other three Frigates, and it had more speed properties for it to easier to stay out of radar range of the enemy's ship.

But the proposal was voted down, because construction costs were too expensive, and radar equipment was not good enough. They chose instead a new type Frigate that was to use spy-1 radar and could be used in several areas.

FCX 268 Command

Length: 134m
Propulsion: 3-4 gas turbine
Speed: 30++ knots
Armarment:
1*76mm
5*12,7mm

FXX 268

Length: 134m
Propulsion: 2 gas turbine
Speed: 25 knots
Armarment:
1*127mm
1*76mm
2*20mm
5*12,7mm
2*MK41 VLS (48 tactical cell and 64 cell strike length) with Standard, ESSM, Tomahawk Cruise Missile
8*Harpoon Cruise Missile

[ img ]
[ img ]

Are there any suggestions as to what kind of radar, The command ships should have. Remember that one of the arguments that one would not have those ships was that the radar was too poor.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: March 29th, 2011, 10:21 pm
Don't take this the wrong way, but you still do not know how to draw funnels :p

1.) Tone down the fore-aft shading. It will reduce the "cartoonish" look.

2.) Your funnels also tend to be comically huge or at least out of proportion to the rest of the ship. Doing #1 will help, but also take what you draw and then reduce it a little bit (won't say by how much, that's a case-by-case thing). Also related is that they tend to be too tall.

3.) What also doesn't help is that sometimes you have too many funnels, or weird placements. Your first design happens to be an example of both

4.) Your second design above is the best you've done so far in terms of integrating a funnel with the rest of the ship. Use that as a guide.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: March 29th, 2011, 11:08 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but you still do not know how to draw funnels :p

1.) Tone down the fore-aft shading. It will reduce the "cartoonish" look.

2.) Your funnels also tend to be comically huge or at least out of proportion to the rest of the ship. Doing #1 will help, but also take what you draw and then reduce it a little bit (won't say by how much, that's a case-by-case thing). Also related is that they tend to be too tall.

3.) What also doesn't help is that sometimes you have too many funnels, or weird placements. Your first design happens to be an example of both

4.) Your second design above is the best you've done so far in terms of integrating a funnel with the rest of the ship. Use that as a guide.
hammer time! ... just kiding, i'll will ... ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: March 30th, 2011, 3:48 am
Your radar outfit remains, at best, schizophrenic.

On FCC-268, I see three substantial medium/long range (2D) air search sets, without any SAM whatsoever. However on FXX-268, we have only a single medium range (2D) air search set, in combination with a pile of VLS-launched Standard.

This is very backwards.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: April 1st, 2011, 5:50 pm
WIP WIP Danger for bad English! :D
Decided to get some practice and try out some new techniques. Any tips?!!

Family class

BB June and BB Harry

Length: 247,7m
Beam: 36m
Speed: 22 knots (Harry) 24 knots (June)

Armarment:
BB June:
3*240mm twin gun
3*155mm tripel gun
10*76mm gun
12*40mm gun (AA)
Torpedotube?

BB Harry:
1*Twin "John!"
1*353mm Twin "Dirty Harry" (Dirty triks!)
4*155mm tripel
8*76mm
11*40mm

were equipped with the same armament, but due. they had a need for a ship that could open the enemy's force at a possible invasion then became BB Harry equipped with slightly different armament than the BB June!

They were flag-ship in a little fleet, consisting of "BB June" and "BB Harry, " they had with them one aircraft carrier and some destroyers and submarines. and because of that "BB June" and "BB Harry" were of the family class, the fleet was called for the family. all vessels got their own personality.

BB June was thanks to it quick-charged 250mm guns, gave here the nickname: "Quick June!"

BB Harry got the nickname: "Lazy Harry" because of He sunk enemy ships or could attack military forces on land long before they manage to get within range to open fire against "BB Harry"

The aircraft carrier got the nickname "mother" because of the continual need to provide air support to 'BB June "and BB Harry" because they were not so good to defending themselves against air attack "

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: April 1st, 2011, 11:23 pm
erik_t wrote:
Your radar outfit remains, at best, schizophrenic.

On FCC-268, I see three substantial medium/long range (2D) air search sets, without any SAM whatsoever. However on FXX-268, we have only a single medium range (2D) air search set, in combination with a pile of VLS-launched Standard.

This is very backwards.
What kind of radar equipment should I use then.

NB! the proposal from Horten Shipyard (AU) was that the one ship (commands-ship) would support the other 3 Frigate with its radars.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Design forum for "AU" Northern KingdomPosted: April 1st, 2011, 11:34 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 22 of 46  [ 457 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 120 21 22 23 2446 »

Jump to: