Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: May 9th, 2020, 12:35 pm
Next the KRMS Koresand Class JSS with 4 ships in the class its used as a amphibian and Task force supportship

[ img ]

And the KRMS Wieringen Class LPD with 6 ships on class

[ img ]

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: May 9th, 2020, 1:00 pm
top notch drawing

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: May 9th, 2020, 1:15 pm
I suspect a lot more would change for this LPD version to really work. The underwater hull would likely change shape somewhat, to create space for the dock and the ballast tanks attached to them. Those ballast tanks also need venting, which should come up somewhere on your decks, so while that would not have a huge impact on your design, it will mean the level below the helicopter deck will have a different arrangement then the JSS.

I am also not sure what the impact of that huge superstructure expansion will be on the ships stability, I personally would expand only the hangar and maybe one deck above it. That also limits issues with the horizon view of the aft radars from the I-mast.
Still, interesting idea, just needs a bit more work :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Morten812
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: May 10th, 2020, 11:34 am
Part sheet with those helicopters perhaps?

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: May 12th, 2020, 9:38 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
I suspect a lot more would change for this LPD version to really work. The underwater hull would likely change shape somewhat, to create space for the dock and the ballast tanks attached to them. Those ballast tanks also need venting, which should come up somewhere on your decks, so while that would not have a huge impact on your design, it will mean the level below the helicopter deck will have a different arrangement then the JSS.

I am also not sure what the impact of that huge superstructure expansion will be on the ships stability, I personally would expand only the hangar and maybe one deck above it. That also limits issues with the horizon view of the aft radars from the I-mast.
Still, interesting idea, just needs a bit more work :P

Original design JSS had a deck higher than it is now.
Hence the I mast standing on a "foot" so the seastar and smile can look over the funnels.
The current JSS is also heavy in the bottom making her unstable in seas by pulling herself upright swift and quick.

Btw @pegasus i am working on a small revision on some parts.
This is my latest posted variant, still need to do the sides in the quality of the front and rear end.
[ img ]

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: May 13th, 2020, 6:59 am
MitcheLL300 wrote: *
Original design JSS had a deck higher than it is now.
Hence the I mast standing on a "foot" so the seastar and smile can look over the funnels.
Interesting, any images/source of this? as far as I know, the mast was raised indeed to clear the funnels although even now, the funnels are neatly 45 degrees away from the mast, which suggests the I-mast systems do not just look OVER the funnels but also between them.
MitcheLL300 wrote: *
The current JSS is also heavy in the bottom making her unstable in seas by pulling herself upright swift and quick.
That sounds like a clear case of TOO stable (Too high an metacentric height), does this only happen when the ship is sailing with full fuel tanks or also when empty?

Anyways, I would have to research the impacts of the dock on the hulls center of gravity, the JSS being bottom-heavy suggests that the bigger superstructure could work, but if the fuel tanks remain empty as a dock ship and she is then a lot less stable......

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: June 19th, 2020, 11:33 am
MV Pasiffic Queen of the Rochfort Holland Line.

[ img ]

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

[Profile] [Quote]
CaptainPaulov
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: June 19th, 2020, 8:13 pm
Looks like a Royal Caribbean Oasis Class with the bow of a Meraviglia Plus Class. Other than the intense blue used on the funnel, pool lighting and forwards mast I'd say its a fine lookin' cruise ship. What routes or operations area do you have in mind for this mighty beast?

Updates at my DeviantArt.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: September 10th, 2020, 10:47 pm
[ img ]

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: THE KINGDOM OF ROCHFORT (Reboot)Posted: November 29th, 2020, 9:44 am
Awesome!!! More! :shock: :? :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: