Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: April 21st, 2024, 8:42 pm
West Floridian Space Program

West Florida inherited various ex-NASA sites used for various testing and construction efforts during the Space Race such as the John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi and the Michoud Assembly Facility. However, due to a lack of need, both of the facilities would fall into disrepair with many of the aeronautical engineers working in engine, missile, and aircraft sustainment for the West Florida armed forces. It was not until the mid-2000s that the need for a space program became an interest for those in the government as the rise in the internet and communication became a necessity for international trade, something that had been delayed by several years due to the collapse of large US government-sponsored programs in the 90s.

West Florida opted to partner with Texas and Israel in attempts to create a launch system that could serve as a commercial and military asset, however, cost issues would prolong efforts until the 2010s with the Eagle family of rockets being the first of these projects. Eagle I was an Israeli-West Florida program designed to operate from Orbital Sciences Corporation's L-1011 "Stargazer" aircraft, conducting a total of 4 launches before being abandoned due to the Israeli government pulling from the program to pursue the mid-sized launch vehicle Shavit 3. Utilizing the technology learned and the desire to continue launching satellites, but unable to burden the costs by themselves, West Florida opted to partner with Texas company Beal Aerospace. The pair developed the Eagle II design project, capable of launching 8x satellites at a single time.

Eagle I
Placeholder

Eagle II
[ img ]

- Occasionally the Random pop-ups of my Abyssinia or Hong Kong AUs

"The word Br*t?sh is a horrible term I never want to hear from you again, We do not tolerate that dehumanization".

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: April 30th, 2024, 10:24 pm
Updated West Florida with:

F-16EW Buzzard
[ img ]
In the aftermath of the F-16 Block 60+ deal with the West Floridian Air Force, Texan companies Lockheed Martin & Texas Instruments composed a conceptional electronic warfare variant of the F-16 Block 60+ that the WFAF could procure for service against Cuban coastal radar stations. The offer was a private venture and primarily a conceptual project to propose the idea similarly to the Texan Air Force for their own electronic warfare needs. The design was depicted at the Emerald Coast Defense Expo 2024 (EXDE 2024) with various nation's schemes depicted upon the aircraft, including that of West Florida, as seen above.

The Lockheed Martin officials unveiled their concept, equipped with wingtip AN/ALQ-218s, NGJ-MB Mid-Band Jamming Pods, Increased SATCOM connectivity, and Electronic Warfare terminals in the airframe itself. Additional modifications include the modernization of AGM guidance systems and localization trackers. The F-16EW's strike package comes in the form of 2x Enclosed Weapons Pods (EWP) on the wings, each able to hold 2x AIM-120 AMRAAMs & 2x AGM-88G AARGM-ER. Using the EWPs allows for the F-16EW to reduce its RCS; and add a total of 6 additional hardpoints, allowing the aircraft to conduct self-defense and anti-radiation targeting roles.

Much like the Block 60+, the F-16EW utilizes conformal fuel pods with a probe-capable attachment to allow for probe & drogue refueling operations. The use of conformal tanks also frees up additional hard points. However, the wingtip AN/ALQ-218s take over the ability to place AMRAAM or Sidewinder missiles on the wingtips. Although it is unlikely the WFAF will procure the type, as the electronic warfare role currently is filled by the EC-130J and RC-26B, the concept may prove useful for other operators.

- Occasionally the Random pop-ups of my Abyssinia or Hong Kong AUs

"The word Br*t?sh is a horrible term I never want to hear from you again, We do not tolerate that dehumanization".

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: