Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
AlexitoBB
Post subject: Der Brung ShipyardsPosted: August 12th, 2022, 3:23 am
Der Brung Systems, independent projects

Der Brung Systems is a multinational company of German origin in the aerospace, naval and military industry with great resources in advanced technology and global warfare since 1921, specializing in the creation of concepts that are later sold to different companies of all kinds and with interests. throughout the world. Founded in 1897 and made known throughout the world in 1926 by the same chief designer Alexander Von Der Brung in Mexico, it had to be transferred to Germany with its headquarters in Dresden due to lack of resources and support from the Mexican government. and the growing tension between the United States and the German interest in adopting new technologies, was one of the pioneering companies in designs of all kinds for different sectors of the German population in general.

DerBrung INC. It is a key company in the German industrial-military complex at a global level, being the largest military contractor in the country and one of the largest in the world by volume of income. In 2002, 41% of the company's income came from sales of military equipment. In 2017, it received contracts from different governments for the award of civil and military contracts worth 213.1 billion dollars and in 2020 67% of its income that year came from the funds given by the government to its private contractors in 2017 and more than double what was obtained by the second largest contractor, at its headquarters in the United States. The company has positioned itself as the largest military contractor in Europe in all the years of the last decade and only in the period 1991-2003 received government contracts worth 1.732 billion dollars, most of which came from the Department of Defense in its different branches: army, navy, air force or special operations. It has also obtained contracts for space projects or from foreign governments. Der Brung Shipyards operates in five business segments. These are information systems, global solutions, ships for commercial use and fire control, training systems and space systems. Together with Lockheed Martin and its predecessors they are the developers and producers of some of the most famous military aircraft and systems in the world. United States Army purchased and manufactured under license in Germany. In recent times, it has developed the F-22G fighter jets and participates in the manufacture of the F-35G and G+ as well as a series of vehicles of all kinds.

[Profile] [Quote]
AlexitoBB
Post subject: Re: Der Brung ShipyardsPosted: August 12th, 2022, 3:27 am
Der Brung Shipyards, Projekt 10123 (FLS)

[ img ]
The H-10123 project of the Der Brung shipyards in Germany, is a series of ships that come from the concept of a prefabricated case used for different purposes in multiple configurations, the project 10123 is a fast logistics ship or also called (FLS) is a ship with fuel tanks and cargo holds that can supply both fuel and provisions during underway replenishment (UNREP) at sea. although more oriented to the supply role, it can be equipped with large amounts of material and weapons without greatly affecting its speed.

General Characteristics

Displacement
• 44,000 tons
• 59,000 t full load
Length
• 296,5 m
Height
•55.0m
Sleeve
• 41.2m
Draft
•11.9m

Armament
• 4 sea Ranger (Guided Laser Weapon)

Propulsion
• 4 Diesel and gas Turbines (CODAG)
• 2 propeller shafts

Speed
• 38 knots

Crew
• 24 officers
• 245 sailors

Aircraft
• Helipad

Der Brung Shipyards, Projekt 10124 (NRS)
[ img ]

The H-10124 project of the Der Brung shipyards in Germany, is a series of ships that start from the concept of a prefabricated hull used for different purposes in multiple configurations, the project 10124 is a naval search ship (NRS) dedicated to exploration of littorals, this Type of ships can also act in a military configuration as amphibious support ships (LHD), but its size allows it to house large laboratories as well as a large capacity to house provisions that makes it useful for long-term missions

General Characteristics

Displacement
• 48,000 tons
• 50,000 t full load
Length
• 296,5 m
Height
•55.0m
Sleeve
• 41.2m
Draft
•11.9m

Armament

Propulsion
• 2 propeller shafts

Speed
• 38 knots

Crew
• 38 officers
• 297 sailors

Aircraft
•2 Helipad
•1 hangar

Der Brung Shipyards, Projekt 10125 (AAS)

[ img ]

The H-10125 project of the Der Brung shipyards in Germany, is a series of ships that start from the concept of a prefabricated hull used for different purposes in multiple configurations, the project 10125 is an amphibious assault ship (AAS) dedicated to the a transport amphibious landing craft, and most designs include large cranes that allow it to transport various types of smaller vessels eg large carrying capacityGeneral Characteristics.

Displacement
• 48,000 tons
• 50,000 t full load
Length
• 296,5 m
Height
•55.0m
Sleeve
• 41.2m
Draft
•11.9m

Armament

Propulsion
• 2 propeller shafts

Speed
• 38 knots

Crew
• 38 officers
• 297 sailors

Aircraft
•1 Helipad

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Der Brung ShipyardsPosted: August 12th, 2022, 9:17 am
Sorry to say, but these ships are not going to work.

First of all, the superstructure is too low. With such a ships length, to get good views over the bow the pilothouse needs to be much taller. In addition, you need a bridge wing that will allow you to use a ship like this in enclosed waters(something that is needed as the ship has a bow thruster so she will operate in ports too). Rough estimation would be that the pilothouse needs to be twice the height it is now.

Then there is the structural hull. Cranes and other large forces on a ships hull need to be supported by structure. This means that cranes are often mounted on top of an reinforced bulkhead. Not on your ship, where 2 of the 4 cranes are mounted where the supporting structure is crossed by the lane to an cargo door. The other crane is also not on a bulkhead, which we can see because you drew your bulkheads and deck levels on the hull.

Then there is the forward mast. The point of such a mast is to get better radar and light field of vision in enclosed waters, where the field of vision from forwards and aft of an 250 meter ship can differ a lot. Putting it 50 meters aft of the stern nulfies part of the possibility this offers and makes it far less worth it.

Then, there is the propulsion. According to your specs, the ship has a CODAG propulsion that allows it to go 38 knots. If I see where the shafts enter the hull, the gearboxes are located pretty far outboard and about under the radar mast. The turbines should be (looking at the funnels) just aft of that and the diesels forwards. The amount of power that is required for a ship this size to go 38 knots.... would suggest a big powerplant, so that would fill the compartments there. Looking at the bulkheads, that would mean the diesels fill the compartment until it reaches the aftmost cranes and the cargo door, and the gas turbines to the funnel. In this area, no turbine removal hatches or air intakes exist for these gas turbines though.... so I am not sure how that would work? what did you use as real life example for the powerplant setup? I think with the shaft connecting where it does, the propellers look to be also way outboard from the rudders.

Calculating the displacement, I reach a block coefficient of 0.3 roughly. That seems extremely low! so I suspect this ship would be heavier then 44000 tons. A fast cargo ship, I would expect the block coefficient around 0.6 roughly. That would give you twice the displacement to play with! The way the hull is shaded suggest a long straight midship section which means 0.7 isn't out the question either, but that would require more power to go fast. For your speed regime, the Maersk Boston class or aircraft carrier hulls would be good to look at.

Then there is the detailing. You have drawn "ventilation mushrooms" on the superstructure all situated on overhangs. These need connections to the hull to do their function: ventilating belowdeck areas. Similarly, you distributed mooring gear over the hull without seeming to give much thought to what this equipment actually would do. Anchor gear seems to be missing (and cannot be entirel belowdecks since the anchors, all 4 of them, are situated high in the hull where they might penetrate the maindeck themselves, let alone their chains and winches). Some of the parts (especially the SMART-S radar) are outdated parts that mismatch between the top view and the sideview too. Take a good look at the cranes, the cabins should be in front of the arm on the sideview but they are behind it. Similarly, those laser CIWS, their camera systems are visible on one side but it is unlikely those would be mirrored, they would be the same units but turned which means we would see the back of the units on the other side.

Lastly, these ships seem to be huge for what they carry. I of course do not know the extends of the vehicle deck but for strength reasons, I do not expect it to be very big or very multi-layered. So what is the res of the hull filled with, as there are no hatches or coamings for any hold? The amphibious support version doesn't even use the deck effectively and most of the boats stored on it cannot even be unloaded by the ships own equipment (I think 5 of them can be)

[Profile] [Quote]
AlexitoBB
Post subject: Re: Der Brung ShipyardsPosted: August 13th, 2022, 2:32 am
acelanceloet wrote: *
man you are impressive, I really did not expect to give the least realism with this, they are only projects that a Mexican friend (Aletan Marxan) that I set out to recreate a little, but even I knew that this kind of boats require beyond some imagination and realism, they require a huge structural change, so consider each and every one of your criticisms correct and perfectly well observed, (personally I wanted to add a bow bulb) personally after a quick look I would have just said, "No man, not really" HAHA, but well they are old works that I did with great affection and I will only keep them as memories, as I have always said the advantage of the ships of the Alternate Universe is that they are fictitious and should not be very precise, but with these I know that realism is too, too short to be able to even correct the designs, however I prefer to keep them as that, simple drawings without greater expression of realism.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Der Brung ShipyardsPosted: August 14th, 2022, 8:44 pm
Epic and great work!!! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: