Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
Hood
Post subject: Re: (Notional) Super Type 23Posted: December 13th, 2014, 12:23 pm
I like the Type 22 Batch IV idea very much.

I must that chaff dispenser kit to the RN radars sheet too at some point.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: (Notional) Super Type 23Posted: December 13th, 2014, 2:04 pm
Cheers. One thing that's niggling me is the Sea Wolf replacement, I know there's ready stowage and a deep magazine below that so I'm wondering if an 8 cell Mk.41 would be a feasible choice (SDLS) Eight ready to go NSSM until ESSM arrives with a collapsible crane rig to draw NSSM / ESSM up from the deep magazine as required?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: (Notional) Super Type 23Posted: December 13th, 2014, 9:19 pm
These are great looking drawings and very interesting ideas. Keep it up! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: (Notional) Super Type 23Posted: December 13th, 2014, 11:28 pm
Cheers!

These should go here too...
Aforementioned Mk41 variant also with a continuous knuckle to the heli-pad along with her sister. Variant now replaces all secondary radars being capable of more than I gave it credit for. Scorpion is now present in unison with an improved UAT suite. there's some shading changes to better reflect the hull form to my eye too. Also of note is the transom flap, I'd be hoping along with better props and anti-fouling to get better fuel-economy and possibly speed out of them post refit a la Type 23 refit...

[ img ]
[ img ]

I do like doing these what could have been schemes... :)

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Improved Type 22 + 23 FrigatesPosted: December 14th, 2014, 12:45 am
Guh, I hate double posting...

First page has been updated with all current drawings including Galenic spin-offs as well as the envisaged trio of quartets of Type 22s and 23s to be built. All in all 12 RN ships and three RGN ones.

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: (Notional) Super Type 23Posted: December 14th, 2014, 11:14 am
Very nice work, I hope you keep on making more of these what could have beens.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
RP1
Post subject: Re: Improved Type 22 + 23 FrigatesPosted: December 30th, 2014, 9:28 pm
Very impressed with these. Although there is a magazine for SW in T22BIII, ESSM is too long to be easily handled I think, so it is likely the mag would be re-purposed.

Regarding the knuckle; it isn't needed on @ T22 because the hull & ss are slab-sided. It's presence here implies either hull flare and/or superstructure tumblehome. Certainly the former would be nice for managing stability through life, and ought to reduce the broadside RCS a little.

RP1

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Improved Type 22 + 23 FrigatesPosted: December 30th, 2014, 10:15 pm
Aha, a lesser spotted RP1 has appeared! Thanks for the kind words.

I agree with the magazine space issues in hindsight hence the revision to a Mk.48 arrangement on the first page (I think I updated them)

As a follow on built around the same time as the T23 I'd imagine that some sort of thought would go into minimising or at least reducing signature in much the same way that the T23 subtly does. If however the work required to work a well flared hull into the design would be too problematic I'm sure I could revert to the original form.

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Improved Type 22 + 23 FrigatesPosted: December 30th, 2014, 10:34 pm
:) :) :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Improved Type 22 + 23 FrigatesPosted: May 31st, 2015, 11:26 pm
I should probably post this here for now.

Working on completely updating the Super and Quiet dukes for Tol Galen at the moment. You can tell where has been done so far from the RGN blue-grey colouration. This is going to be one hell of a re-draw!

[ img ]

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 80 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: