Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 615 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: March 17th, 2012, 8:53 pm
wow

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 1st, 2012, 11:36 pm
Early WIP for a generic guided missile cruiser, going to probably two one or two schemes trialling different power-plant and propulsion methods as well as equipment fits.
As you can see it's just a basic drawing at this moment in time lacking a lot of finesse on the superstructure lines etc. I've tried numerous times to draw a trimaran design that looks right and fell flat on my face each time so I've reverted to the good old mono-hull...

[ img ]

Thoughts on the general layout thus far are welcomed. I've also updated the Aegir drawing on the previous page slightly.

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 2nd, 2012, 12:03 am
these drawings are excellent!!! and im sure your nexxt one will be just as good

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: And now for something completely differentPosted: April 6th, 2012, 1:19 pm
Still working on the above design albeit slowly. I have however thought about doing an ASW combatant of some form or another... I ended up with the following design. (Please don't hurt me).

[ img ]

It was meant to be a sort of mish-mash of the Kiev and Invincible classes, not for any particular nation just something I wanted to try out.

Proposed Air Group:
  • 16x Hawker P.1216 ASTOVL Multi-Role fighters
  • 6x AW101 Mk.150 ASW/ASuW helicopters
  • 2x AW101 Mk.154 AEW helicopters
  • 4x AW159 Mk.100 general purpose helicopters
Proposed/Planed Armament
  • 3x Oto Melara 76mm/62 SR multi-role guns (1 forward and 2 aft)
  • 4x 35mm/110 Oerlikon revolver cannon in two twin Atlantian made mounts
  • 2x 8 cell PD length AVLS with 24x Armaros PD-I and 24x Armaros PD-R point defence missiles
  • 2x 8 cell extended length AVLS with 8x Sea Eagle Mk.IA AShMs and 8x Sea Eagle Mk.ID ASROCs
  • 2x GAU-19s
  • 4x 350mm ASW tubes 2xP&S ea.
Other items of interest
  • Towed VDS below the hangar deck
  • Same style of ECM suite as on Atlantian vessels including hard kill countermeasures and acoustic decoys
  • COGES via two 50MW gas turbines and two 10MW steam turbines as well as auxiliary limp home diesel electric generators. ~31knots max. speed
  • ~1,100 total personnel including air group personnel
Regards, ~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 6th, 2012, 2:22 pm
Hum didn't know that aircraft was for this type of ship (maybe i can use this Hawker P.1216 in some another AU..) but is veryyyy goood blackbuck!

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 6th, 2012, 5:52 pm
this is excellent!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Generic heavy fleet aviation cruiser (CGV?)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 3:14 pm
[ img ]

A follow on to the light aviation cruiser above (not yet finished so excuse the lack of details). Originally I planned for this to be part of my new AU I was planning but that is back at the planning stage again so I decided to complete it as one of my generics. Roughly comparable to CdG size wise. The normal air-group (I.E. that which it has hangar space for) is as shown in the diagram. She can however support up-to another 12 Sea Griffins on the flight deck without interfering with flight ops too much (landing aircraft would have to be immediately hangared or stowed on the launch area until such a time as they can be moved. As well as the extra fixed wing aspect the design should be capable of operating several more helicopters if need be.

Proposed Air Group:
  • 32-44x Saab/BAE Sea Griffin Multi-Role fighters
  • 4x AW101 Mk.150 ASW/ASuW helicopters
  • 2x AW101 Mk.154 AEW helicopters or E-2D Advanced Hawkeye (or the Atlantian Prion I guess too)
  • 4x AW159 Mk.100 general purpose helicopters
  • 4x EC655 Tiger or similarly sized navalized attack helicopters
  • 4x Campcopter S-100 UAVs
Proposed/Planed Armament
  • 4x Twin 40mm/70 dual purpose guns in Atlantian made mounts
  • 4x 8 cell PD length AVLS with 48x Armaros PD-I and 32 Armaros M SAMs
  • 2x 8 cell strike length AVLS with 8x Kingfisher Mk.III AShMs and 8x Sea Eagle Mk.ID ASROCs
  • 6x Small calibre close in weapons such as Gatling guns and light cannons in remote mounts fore, amidships and aft.
Other items of interest
  • Will get the same style of ECM/EW suite as on Atlantian vessels including hard kill countermeasures and acoustic decoys
  • Maximum sustainable speed of ~32-33 knots.
  • ~2,000 total personnel including 700 air group personnel 1000 crew and up-to 300 marines
  • Designed with thought to acting as a commando carrier
Updates will follow so watch this space.

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 4:46 pm
Don't you think that hangar is extremely overcrowded ? There is no place to even move fighter to elevator.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Rhade wrote:
Don't you think that hangar is extremely overcrowded ? There is no place to even move fighter to elevator.
i think he just used that drawing to show that there are place for that many, but I think he will have some of the fighters that are ready on deck as many other aircraft carrier have.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 5:12 pm
Correctamunodo. Theoretical limits are exactly that, theory.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 615 »

Jump to: