Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 715 »
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 6:17 pm
In terms of size and role, almost seems like a cross between a Kiev and an LHD. Also, I see no ski jump, so are there going to be catapults of some sort?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 6:57 pm
Catapults indeed, one (possibly two depending on me wanting space for deck parking topside - there is room built in to accept two) on the bow and one one on the waist, the latter being longer than the former for launching heavier aircraft, namely AEW and COD aircraft.

Role wise, considering it's a follow on at least in theme from that STOVL design previously it indeed shares things in common with a Kiev / Kuznetsov. The whole berthing for infantry / extra personnel was done with regard to how most things seem to be done these days.

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 11:12 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
The whole berthing for infantry / extra personnel was done with regard to how most things seem to be done these days.
And how exactly is that?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 11:29 pm
The lack of "traditional" warfare, justifying the expense becomes easier if it can do more than one job. At least in theory.

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 11:41 pm
I also want to ask a favor, I'm creating an AU and I suck at drawing FD Scale aircraft, so i was wondering if I could use some of the aircraft you drew for Atlantia?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 11:55 pm
Sure, most of them I don't actually end up using anyway :)

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 24th, 2012, 11:59 pm
Thanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 25th, 2012, 12:59 pm
wow that a nice draw i hope there's no accident on the hangar ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 26th, 2012, 4:31 am
heuhen wrote:
Rhade wrote:
Don't you think that hangar is extremely overcrowded ? There is no place to even move fighter to elevator.
i think he just used that drawing to show that there are place for that many, but I think he will have some of the fighters that are ready on deck as many other aircraft carrier have.
For all that, the elevator disposition is extremely poor. Most of the enclosed volume would be very inaccessible in any but the most ideal case, and a single fire could ravage the entire hangar deck and leave no square foot of it untouched.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Blackbuck's Designs (Non Atlantia AU)Posted: April 26th, 2012, 7:55 am
Well what would you suggest considering I'm not a fan of open hangars and would rather like to keep the elevators internal.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 715 »

Jump to: