Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 5:33 pm
Hmm ... I tried to copy the rigging with "Feth-i-Bulend" with some additions ... probably better to just copy!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 5:41 pm
ace, I agree with you about the need to study how a functioning rigging actually applies, and you definitely didn't 'cheat' on your rigging for the brig Irene; you did the darn right thing by actually following an existing rigging plan! Now, as for the 19th c. ironclads, even if this one is considered a pure AU-vessel, there are rigging plans available on the web, in the form of real ships' rigging. Those can be very useful. Also, klagldsf is absolutely right that often captains chose to 'de-rig' their armored vessels, if for no other reason, to free acrs of fire for their guns, prevent debris from falling down on the decks in a possible battle - but there were also a great many old-fashioned 'sailing-ship captains' who disdained the notion of propellering their vessels with the aid of steam. Rather they went to, sometimes, extreme length to continue their sailing practices; sometimes so far that they simply forgot that they also had steam engines onboard, resulting in inadvertent collisions and other mishaps!

Edit: Yes, if you have a rigging plan, study it and copy! No harm in that, but beware still of adapting it to your ship's needs! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 7:54 pm
Maybe change the colors a bit, as it is now it's too colorfull.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 24th, 2011, 5:59 pm
Well, another version...
Attachment:
Paraguari-2.png
Disclaimer: All rights to the rigging of a ship owned by the Ottoman Turks. I just copied it from "Feth-i-Bulend"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 24th, 2011, 6:02 pm
mutch, MUTCH better! while not complete, it at least gives the impression of an complete and correct rigging..... which I was hoping for. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 24th, 2011, 6:05 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
mutch, MUTCH better!
Thank you.
acelanceloet wrote:
While not complete, it at least gives the impression of an complete and correct rigging..... which I was hoping for. :D
To draw the correct rigging I still have to study and learn. I am well versed in the theory of steam and modern shipbuilding, but sailing - for me a dark forest.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 24th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Awesome design! I always (and still) got plans for a AU fleet part of my AU with Paraguani ships :)

[Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 25th, 2011, 5:26 am
ALVAMA wrote:
Awesome design! I always (and still) got plans for a AU fleet part of my AU with Paraguani ships :)
Thank you! Do you think this design is good enough to carry in "Personal Design"?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 25th, 2011, 6:36 am
Dilandu wrote:
ALVAMA wrote:
Thank you! Do you think this design is good enough to carry in "Personal Design"?
I do.

That said there are a few stray pixels on the forward mast near the base. I'd tweak the masts just a bit to avoid double black lines at the top, and to make them appear symmetric.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: "Paraguari"-class ironclad gunboatPosted: October 25th, 2011, 6:51 am
TimothyC wrote:
Dilandu wrote:
ALVAMA wrote:
I do.

That said there are a few stray pixels on the forward mast near the base. I'd tweak the masts just a bit to avoid double black lines at the top, and to make them appear symmetric.
Yea indeed. I do!

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: