Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
nighthunter
Post subject: Teardrop Conning Towers vs "Standard Style" Conning towersPosted: January 6th, 2012, 4:02 am
Okay, which one looks best?

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Teardrop Conning Towers vs "Standard Style" Conning towePosted: January 6th, 2012, 4:17 am
Aesthetically, I've always preferred the more two-dimensional and upright Western style. I make no suggestion as to the technical superiority.

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: Teardrop Conning Towers vs "Standard Style" Conning towePosted: January 6th, 2012, 5:44 am
Aesthetically? I can't say. The "standard" conning tower look more "normal" to me but that's because I'm more familiar with US subs. But I think its significant that some future blocks of the Virginia are shown with teardrop shaped cons.
Very good comparisons by the way.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Teardrop Conning Towers vs "Standard Style" Conning towePosted: January 6th, 2012, 6:13 am
Apparently it helps reduce certain problem areas with submarines, I am just keeping myself busy and I blame Van for starting me on it. I like both, and usually prefer the western style sail, but if the Russians had something with the teardrop then it would make sense to use it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Maple-leaf-Warrior
Post subject: Re: Teardrop Conning Towers vs "Standard Style" Conning towePosted: January 6th, 2012, 7:15 am
I like the teardrop, I think it mixes well with the more western looking hull and creates a unique looking sub.

And guardian angels sang this strain:

"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
"Britons never will be slaves."

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Teardrop Conning Towers vs "Standard Style" Conning towePosted: January 6th, 2012, 8:41 am
Teardrop/Russiam one

[Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Teardrop Conning Towers vs "Standard Style" Conning towePosted: January 6th, 2012, 9:58 am
Yep, russian look more advance.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: