Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5137 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 12th, 2012, 4:50 pm
the dutch M-44 seacat directors are often stated the best, but if you want british..... I have no idea which one you would need then :P the director would most likely be placed on top of the structure.
if you would go small and british for the helicopter.... I would suggest an westland wasp, maybe 2 of them, with the hangars at the side of the funnel. that gives you the space to move the funnels aft again and still give enough space for heliplat and hangar.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 12th, 2012, 5:06 pm
If the M-44 was considered the best, then thats what I'll use.

oh, I like that idea on the helicopters.

My idea for this pair of cruisers is that they are Aldesharan built Mt Monarch class and that they were laid down in 1944-45, near the end of my war with the Germanic Alliance (not a nazi analog. more of a colonial and trade war, not a ideological war of complete destruction like WW2), but like the RW Tigers were put "on hold" indefinately when about 50% complete, then modified and completed over a decade later. So, they would have the same basic hull and superstructure design I believe, but with more modern weapons and capabilities than their GH counterparts. That make any sense?

Last edited by Zephyr on January 12th, 2012, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 12th, 2012, 5:11 pm
sounds good to me. you might want to use other dutch systems too, but decide for yourself :P for the M-44, look at the dutch van speijk class frigates (both for the M-44 and possible other radar fits) and eendracht cruisers. (not the M-44, but maybe more you'll like to use :P )

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 12th, 2012, 8:57 pm
ok, a "bare bones" version of the suggested changes, well, most of them. Haven't had a chance to look for the 'tronics stuff yet, I'll get that tonight when I get back from dinner (Wife and I are going out with her folks for dinner tonight. Not as bad as it sounds, I actually get along with my in-laws.) A small hanger to each side of the aft funnel, just large enough to hold a single Wasp. (Gonna have to come up with a catchy name for that helo while in use with my navy.) Boats are going to be added between the forward funnel and the superstructure. Still need to find that updated Sea Slug drawing. oops. Forgot to look this afternoon. Also need to find a good location for the 2nd Sea Dart. Between the funnels may mask it too much, I'm thinking, and I already have the boats earmarked for forward of the funnels. What about maybe moving the superstructure aft a few feet and have a small platform for it between the superstructure and the 6" turret?

Things like shading and details will also come later, once this is finalized as to the location of everything.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 12th, 2012, 9:06 pm
don't forget the m-44 ;)

also, that is an outdated drawing of the helicopter, an newer one is in planebucket but if you can't find it: the dutch livery is on the dutch navy parts sheet.
position for the seacat: move the bridge a bit aft and put the seacat on top of an small deckhouse, or an reshape of the bridge at that position.
make the hangars a bit higher for an maintenance crane ;) and maybe heighten the funnel a bit to give the helicopters less trouble with the smoke.

just suggestions what I would do, you might of course have other solutions :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 12th, 2012, 9:13 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
don't forget the m-44 ;)

also, that is an outdated drawing of the helicopter, an newer one is in planebucket but if you can't find it: the dutch livery is on the dutch navy parts sheet.
position for the seacat: move the bridge a bit aft and put the seacat on top of an small deckhouse, or an reshape of the bridge at that position.
make the hangars a bit higher for an maintenance crane ;) and maybe heighten the funnel a bit to give the helicopters less trouble with the smoke.

just suggestions what I would do, you might of course have other solutions :)
Oh, I haven't forgotten the M-44. That falls into my "I'm getting to that" category. LOL

To Do list
Taller funnels - check
Heighten the hangers - check
Move bridge aft a bit - check. Glad you mentioned that, as I mentioned the same thing in my last post, which leads me to believe I may actually be on the right track.

Now, its off to dispose of the christmas tree, well, put it away actually, as we have one of those little artificial trees. :cry: (I want a real tree, dammit.)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 12th, 2012, 9:22 pm
Zephyr wrote:
Now, its off to dispose of the christmas tree, well, put it away actually, as we have one of those little artificial trees. :cry: (I want a real tree, dammit.)
I am lucky, for in the family, we own 1 / 6 of an island (approx 144 acres) with 1000's of pine trees 100 wild sheep,.... :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 12th, 2012, 9:33 pm
You may need more space to fit those 3"/70s. They require a lot of magazine space.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 13th, 2012, 12:48 am
acelanceloet wrote:
a few comments.
- your drive train is incredibly long. you have an hull of the same length as the tre kronor, but you moved the funnels and by that at least part of the machinery forward. if I may ask... why? the problem you come up with, the long midsection, is mostly because of that.
I just did some checking, and actually, I didn't move the funnels originally, they were in the same place as the original cruiser. It may just have appeared that they had moved because I had altered the aft section so much.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Ticoginia cruiserPosted: January 13th, 2012, 5:00 am
added some details and shading, think this may be the "as built" version.

[ img ]

next, the mid-life refits.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5137 »

Jump to: