Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 31  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 531 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 23rd, 2012, 6:30 pm
I am in too,with the never built Konon Mk3(AU).Designed by Spiros Vasiliades (1904-1986),this DEG dates from 1960.At 125,5m X 14m and 3400tn cancelled with the label "Too Ambitious".Propulsion was CODAD again,with 4 GENME/Pielstick 16V,29760hp total,giving 28-29kn max.Range 8000nm/15kn,4500nm/20kn.
Armament 1 Mk38 5",1 Mk13,Limbo ASW mortar (from withdrawned Hunt DD) or Bofors ASW mortar,two Zelitz ZH-220 helicopters,hangar.Later versions would have ASROC,more capable helicopters and SAM Sea Falcon.
Also there was the Mk3A design,from 1966:Same hull with above,all the impovements mention above,CODAG propulsion with twin Aerodyne J1800 gas turbines in place of rear diesels.Speed 31-32kn for this variant.Range as above.Both designs could reach 22kn max with only two diesel working.

[ img ]

These designs cancelled due to several issues,but lead to Kimon Class DDG some years later.The telescopic hangar of Kimon behind of the Mk13 came from Konon Mk3.

Note that for political reasons the design classified as "FFG".

Last edited by odysseus1980 on July 26th, 2012, 2:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 23rd, 2012, 6:30 pm
It's very tempting to join in. Part of the work I have already done and will have bit more soon so...

P.S. Ace - I sent You a pm (indirectly related, btw.) and would be glad to get an answer. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 25th, 2012, 12:21 am
As this is my first every foray into the Post 1950 world, I have no idea of directors, radars and sonars, hopefully everything matches up era wise, role wise and to the weapons.

[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 25th, 2012, 2:11 am
Your main radar set is a bit too advanced for the era you are shooting for. I'd use an SPS-40 at the latest for the long range 2D radar.

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 25th, 2012, 2:23 am
So with our submissions do we also include Ship Information?
Country Name
Class Name
Displacement
Dimensions
Machinery
Speed
Range
Armament
Sensors
Please forgive my ignorance, but I will need some guidance regarding displacement and dimensions. Any guidance is appreciated.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 25th, 2012, 2:59 am
TimothyC wrote:
Your main radar set is a bit too advanced for the era you are shooting for. I'd use an SPS-40 at the latest for the long range 2D radar.
Also you have a mack but you don't use it for its intended purpose (to do away with a mast and put all your radar and assorted electronics on it).

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 25th, 2012, 3:03 am
mack?

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 25th, 2012, 3:29 am
The way you have the pipes separated into a little uhhh...trunk thing? Like on a Knox class frigate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 25th, 2012, 3:34 am
Ah, thanks

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Tartar DEG challengePosted: July 25th, 2012, 11:33 am
@ Paul Carl: if you want some more guidance, look at the first post of the thread, there I show the steps I myself take. you can add any information you want to add, I myself always like to see more data instead of huge background stories ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 31  [ 302 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 531 »

Jump to: