Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 16  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 516 »
heuhen
Post subject: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 12:33 pm
I feel that I need some challenge, so you tell me what to draw and I draw it. BTW. If it is something silly big, it will take a long time to draw.

So tell me my young kids...

This is the list:

1. (thimothyc) HIMS Alinga. (Stoped, Gave Mr. t some ideas!)
2. Biancini1995 fictional ship (not started yet) (I will combine a SPY-1/thales look with a Arleigh Burk class superstructure (times two) on a "BB" hull (Most likely a Iowa on steroids) (Stopped)
3. grimreaper6 want Auxiliary and Service Force Ships. (Prepping for Ideas!)
4. Zephyr want a frigate for GH, a bit of a cross between a Leander and Knox, starting being commissioned in 1966? ASW as the primary mission. (Finish)
5. Morten812 want a A large US cruiser a Long beach replacement. (this is a difficult one, But I will se if I can get any ideas. Perhaps I can use one of the large US cruiser concepts from the 80's-90's?) (Work in progress)
6. Apdaf. large battleships called the Redemption class. (starting)

Last edited by heuhen on March 20th, 2013, 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 12:52 pm
A flying battleship would be nice and possible very funny. ;)

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 1:03 pm
I need help finishing HIMS Alinga for Voyager (no, seriously, I've been stuck for over year on her).

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 1:32 pm
TimothyC wrote:
I need help finishing HIMS Alinga for Voyager (no, seriously, I've been stuck for over year on her).
That's big... I'll see if I can do something on here, during this weekend and the next one. But first I will make a simple top view of here so I can more easily see how things is laying out. than I will line all background stuff up and give them color... from there and out it will be very easy drawing.

APDAF wrote:
A flying battleship would be nice and possible very funny. ;)
That is more in Alwama area, not mine. and since I posted this in the personal design area... It means things that could be in the real world...

[Profile]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 2:25 pm
What about of this fictional ship in this video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r8B7K5q ... 9&index=14

See 4:36 and you will see it.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Biancini1995 wrote:

I'll put it on the list.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 2:39 pm
TimothyC wrote:
This is what I have so far... now I need you to do you'r editing work on it (Moving around guns, superstructure and so one...)

[ img ]

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 3:07 pm
Uh, I just found her Springsharp file, and she's got a 41m beam. Also, the purple box over mount 13 is the conning tower. The box above 14 is the bridge - I think. Please do not think I am criticizing, as you've made more progress in a couple of hours than I have in a year.

Edit: Descriptive text:
Quote:
Two funnels for almost as much horsepower as an Iowa, four screws in skegs (electric drive) with four rudders. Two long-base rangefinders, one fore, one aft, the red funnel band, two cats amidships with a hangar (or a cross-deck, whichever works), two twin 20cm turrets as per the heavy cruiser on each beam with a 20cm director underneath the 45cm (the '45cm director is "superfiring"), then six twin 10cm/65 enclosed mounts on each beam, 6 triple 5cm AA on each beam and 4 twin 25mm/75 on the quarterdeck and forecastle for use against strafers.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 3:28 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Uh, I just found her Springsharp file, and she's got a 41m beam. Also, the purple box over mount 13 is the conning tower. The box above 14 is the bridge - I think. Please do not think I am criticizing, as you've made more progress in a couple of hours than I have in a year.

Edit: Descriptive text:
Quote:
Two funnels for almost as much horsepower as an Iowa, four screws in skegs (electric drive) with four rudders. Two long-base rangefinders, one fore, one aft, the red funnel band, two cats amidships with a hangar (or a cross-deck, whichever works), two twin 20cm turrets as per the heavy cruiser on each beam with a 20cm director underneath the 45cm (the '45cm director is "superfiring"), then six twin 10cm/65 enclosed mounts on each beam, 6 triple 5cm AA on each beam and 4 twin 25mm/75 on the quarterdeck and forecastle for use against strafers.

Oh I just did it 15 minutes or so...

41 meter beam... well that is big. but I can fix that easy. Btw do you want the superstructure to be as beamy as possible or just a small and high superstructure on center line of the ship. or shall I redesign here and giver her one superstructure aft and one forward. BTW I am going to remove the superstructure under the mount 3, so she get a clean area around there.

But first I have to get to the shop and get some food.... I am bloody hungry now!

[Profile]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 16th, 2013, 4:33 pm
heuhen wrote:
Biancini1995 wrote:

I'll put it on the list.
Just to say it's length are more or less 1 and half yamato :D

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 16  [ 152 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 516 »

Jump to: