Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 14  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 7:13 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
are you sure those SPW-2's are redundant, as the missile cruisers had 2 as well, IIRC. or is it 2 per ship instead of 2 per launcher?
Bezo is right, i need 2 SPW2 for each launcher, aft i have two, but fore there are three.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 7:15 pm
that, of course, is an entirely different matter :P

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 7:23 pm
In all cases, I'd exchange the forward SPS-30 with the above-bridge illuminator. Since the missiles rode beams in some fire control modes (all Talos on SPW-2, some Terrier on SPG-55), it's important that the directors be as close to the firing rails as possible. This improves the speed and certainty of the missile "capturing" the projected guidance beam.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 11:14 pm
Ok, here they are again both the full Talos and Talos/Terrier conversions, this time with all points revised.
[ img ]
[ img ]

As an extra a plan for BB-68 as a single-end Talos with macks inspired by a "Wayne Scarpaci" art (Link)
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on April 8th, 2013, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 11:23 pm
Very nice, although the second two drawings both have a forward SPW-2 for some reason.

On the double-ended Talos design, I would revert to the previous forward configuration, with both SPW-2 down near the missile rails. SPG-49 doesn't have to be super close to the launcher, but SPW-2 definitely does. The former configuration was somewhat superior.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 8th, 2013, 10:16 am
Much better so.lution, BB! I agree with erik-t:s suggestion, I, unfortunately missed that one. Only one thing remains: you ought to set the forward SPW-2:s closer to their "parent units" of SPG-49:s, like you did aft. Also you didn't move the SPS-30 to the aft stack on your mixed version. I would do that; and quite possibly find a new place for the SPS-2 on your single-end version and move the SPS-30 to that platform. Mind you, though, the Little Rock, the only missile cruiser carrying the SPS-2, did not have the SPS-30 initially. Maybe you should delete the SPS-2 completely on your last version?!?

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 8th, 2013, 12:02 pm
Amazing drawings BB1987! :D

Slightly OT, but what RL ship/s carried the SPS-2?

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 8th, 2013, 12:27 pm
KHT wrote:
Amazing drawings BB1987! :D

Slightly OT, but what RL ship/s carried the SPS-2?
only two.

CLC-1 Northampton http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... 412511.jpg
CLG-4 Little rock (ex- CL-92) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... issile.jpg

i've also made some slight changes on the drawings.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 8th, 2013, 12:35 pm
Great work, my friend!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Kamikazi
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 8th, 2013, 1:18 pm
Anyone see this beast?
http://www.artbywayne.com/bbmg1_z.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 14  [ 133 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: