Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 13  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1113 »
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 3:31 am
I've changed the forward mount to phalanx....I've also shorted the "snout" because it was just to long. I've removed the proposed 49 and replaced it with the real one, and also eliminated the visible exhaust stacks. Is this now more in line with reality??

[ img ]

I've also named this class the CNO class FFG. FFG-62 is the USS William S. Benson.

Here is a picture of the USS Robert B. Carney returning to port after an extended counter narcotics operation in the Caribbean

[ img ]

Comments on either picture are welcome

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 8:38 am
Excellent frigate sabotage
Personally I liked the last version a bit better, but both are very great drawings

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 10:26 am
This latest iteration is personally my favourite. Really feels like a mini-burke now.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 4:32 pm
sabotage181 you mind coming onto the #shipbucket chat on IRC?

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 5:07 pm
klagldsf wrote:
sabotage181 you mind coming onto the #shipbucket chat on IRC?
I'm at work right now and can only access with my mobile

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 5:27 pm
sabotage181 wrote:
an extended counter narcotics operation in the Caribbean
Roooooh :o :?
With a 4500/5500 (even 6000 ?) tons frigate, with 160/200 sailors onboard, armed with a 76mm main gun, two CIWS, at least four 0,5" MG, one or two helico, 32 VLS, 4 to 8 SSM, two or three RHIBs, six ASW torpedo-tubes & this associate ASW sonar :shock:

For this kind of mission, your ship is over-armed and too expensive ! (a O V E R K I L L system)
You fuck the American taxpayer :lol:

Better a 3000/4000 tons (max) ship, with 80 to 120 sailors onboard, with a 57mm or a 76mm forward, one CIWS, at least four 0,5" MG, one or two helico, ASW capable (fitted for but not fitted with) two or three RHIBs........AND......... with the ability to take (reserved spaces, the infamous "Fitted for but not fitted with" rule) some man-portable systems such as "FIM-92 Stinger MANPADS", "BGM-71 TOW", "FGM-148 Javelin", "M72 LAW", the larger "HELLFIRE" & so...

To destroy traffickers, you do not need to use a 1 $ million apiece Harpoon, ASROC or Tomahawk missile :roll:
sabotage181 wrote:
Comments on either picture are welcome
:mrgreen:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 7:08 pm
They already spend billions of our tax dollars in the worthless "War on Drugs"... I think if you pitched the idea of using frigates and destroyers for enforcement their mouths would water at the idea!

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 7:37 pm
Colosseum wrote:
They already spend billions of our tax dollars in the worthless "War on Drugs"... I think if you pitched the idea of using frigates and destroyers for enforcement their mouths would water at the idea!

I was going to say....scheesch...that's all the USS Virginia did for it's last three years of life... Nuclear powered guided missile cruiser chasing down drug runners. If Columbia Mike thinks this ship is over gunned for that operation what's he think about that??? Well, at least they didn't have to pay for fuel ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 7:54 pm
You use what you have. If we custom designed ships for each mission then we'd find ourselves in seriously deep water the day we need to do something else. If that means chasing drug runners in a nuclear powered cruiser then so be it. It beats providing air defence with a patrol boat.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: FFG(x) 98Posted: March 1st, 2014, 7:59 pm
sabotage181 wrote:
that's all the USS Virginia did for it's last three years of life... Nuclear powered guided missile cruiser chasing down drug runners. If Columbia Mike thinks this ship is over gunned for that operation what's he think about that??? Well, at least they didn't have to pay for fuel ;)
Thiel wrote:
You use what you have. If we custom designed ships for each mission then we'd find ourselves in seriously deep water the day we need to do something else. If that means chasing drug runners in a nuclear powered cruiser then so be it. It beats providing air defence with a patrol boat.
[ img ]
:lol:
U.S NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK
:lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 13  [ 126 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1113 »

Jump to: