Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
rifleman
Post subject: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 5:39 pm
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by rifleman on August 8th, 2014, 7:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 6:39 pm
Quote:
[ img ]
a few comments:
- choose another propeller. before anyone else sees it xD
- it is a bit troubling to me that the only USN part on the ship is the gun.
- the M45 is a gun director, and does not need the C1 in addition. the C1 however needs an visual director ( the E1/ STARIK) to work, as right now it is an rangefinder only.
- that is one huge load of credits, did you have 5 drawings bashed together into one or something? and if you have, does each have it's own distinctive parts that still needs credits? and could you have not modified/redrawn these parts so they would become your own work?
- the boat looks a bit crude compared with the rest of the otherwise good drawing.

Last edited by acelanceloet on August 6th, 2014, 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 7:06 pm
funny the director you are concerned about is marked on your dutch parts sheet at M44/45. Now all references to the dutch director for seacat is the M44 so have you miss labelled it on your parts sheet?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 7:21 pm
hey rifleman, no need to delete your image, it wasn't that bad! it was actually quite an interesting little ship :P

the M44 is an seacat director, while the M45 is a gun director. the dutch van speijk class had 2 M44 next to it's mainmast for the 2 seacat launchers, and one M45 on the bridge for the gun control. that is the arrangement you are looking for ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 7:57 pm
FFG is a standard international designation for a gun armed frigate
It is a kit bash
the hull is from a British type 81 Tribal
The superstructure is type 12 Rothesay
main armament decided to change from the British 4.5 to the American 5in
The ships boat was lifted with the cut and paste
I decided to use dutch electronics/optical kit as I quite like them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 8:02 pm
Well actually (if you go by US standards). G is for guided missile. FF would be for something sans missiles. ;)

Maybe it might help if you gave some background to what the thing is meant to be about? I didn't bother posting previously because there was just a picture with no explanation or words to accompany it.

Nobody is trying to degrade your efforts so there's no need to go and bin the drawing...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 8:10 pm
yeah, so most of your ship was originally drawn by portsmouth bill, as he drew both the ships named above. I think you can go with just his name and yours.

on portsmouth bills ships you can find a better boat, you can copy-paste it from those.

you can use the dutch set, of course, but now you have 2 sets from ships 13 years from each other, in fact a generation of computers, radars and weapons away from each other. if you have seacat, you don't need the C1. that is all I am saying ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 8:20 pm
there isn't any real background to it its what would a Frigate with a Tribal class hull and a Type 12 superstructure look like and while I'm playing about with it what would it look like with dutch electronics

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Looking at my donor ships the type 12 I used was shiplovers, mcconrads and hoods and the 81 was Portsmouth bills

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class FFgPosted: August 6th, 2014, 8:35 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: