Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 2:16 pm
Thiel wrote:
heuhen wrote:
Thiel wrote:
I think you may run into buoyancy issues if you fit a another dual 40mm on the stern.
You're already carrying your engines and the NSSM launchers aft, which will force the bow up. This'll make it very hard to get the ship to plane, and make it extremely unhandy at slow speeds.
depends on the hull.
Yes, but you all the heavy equipment aft in the least voluminous end of the ship. At the same time you have very little equipment in the bow, but plenty volume. So unless your ship is build of magic floatainium or you have an absolutely ridiculous amount of ballast out front (Something you want to avoid on a warship) your ship is going to try to stand on end.
magic floatainium :D

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 2:18 pm
wait for a update! but thx for info.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 8:43 pm
In essence, what you've done is to take a stick and tied a piece of lead to one end and a balloon to the other.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 10:22 pm
My recommendation, based on personal experience on small craft (I admit, an Alta-class minesweeper isn't a MTB, but it is of comparable size), I'd have a small crane and a RHIB on teh stern. This allows you to deploy boarding teams, carry out man over-board drills, et cetera, and generally give the CO more options and capabilities.

You could also replace the twin 40MM with a 76MM fore, something which would add weight and balance the design further (albeit at the cost of speed -- you can suffice with 35-40 knots instead of 45).

Would you mind terribly if I did some tinkering with this design? I find it to be quite interesting.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 10:34 pm
Eeo wrote:
My recommendation, based on personal experience on small craft (I admit, an Alta-class minesweeper isn't a MTB, but it is of comparable size), I'd have a small crane and a RHIB on teh stern. This allows you to deploy boarding teams, carry out man over-board drills, et cetera, and generally give the CO more options and capabilities.

You could also replace the twin 40MM with a 76MM fore, something which would add weight and balance the design further (albeit at the cost of speed -- you can suffice with 35-40 knots instead of 45).

Would you mind terribly if I did some tinkering with this design? I find it to be quite interesting.
you're welcome :D

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 10:36 pm
Attachment:
TBN 001 - N.png

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 11:26 pm
Attachment:
R-Class type 001 - A.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 11:35 pm
[ img ]

My interpretation of this thing. Called it the RAPP-class, after "Rap", the first Norwegian fast torpedo boat. Following naval tradition, I allocated the pennant number P 981, which was last held by the SNØGG-class fast attack craft HNoMS RAPP.

Armament and general information is as you can see located within the file. Basically the armament and sensors of a SKJOLD-class in a slightly bigger, slightly slower package.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 8th, 2011, 11:39 pm
Eeo wrote:
[ img ]

My interpretation of this thing. Called it the RAPP-class, after "Rap", the first Norwegian fast torpedo boat. Following naval tradition, I allocated the pennant number P 981, which was last held by the SNØGG-class fast attack craft HNoMS RAPP.

Armament and general information is as you can see located within the file. Basically the armament and sensors of a SKJOLD-class in a slightly bigger, slightly slower package.
Very nice! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PatrolboatsPosted: January 9th, 2011, 12:01 am
Attachment:
TBN 003.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: