Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Rodondo
Post subject: RAN Damen Aviation training vessel/OPV 2400Posted: May 21st, 2015, 2:34 am
So a while back, it was mentioned that the RAN was going to purchase a Damen design (OPV2400). So here's the OPV 2400 and my take on how it will appear in RAN service, at least with the basis should only be a few tweaks for myself or someone to change it to a real life design once in enters service in a while.
[ img ]
I can only speculate on what she will be named, HMAS Jervis Bay being a good contender but seeing the RAN's newer habit of naming ships after distinguished servicemen, HMAS Glossop might be a possibility
[ img ]

Basically the sensor and electronic suite with the 25mm and optional 12.5mm Typhoon systems, plus the obligatory manned .50cal for shark deterrence ;)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: RAN Damen Aviation training vessel/OPV 2400Posted: May 21st, 2015, 7:05 am
very nice design :-)
(I think the bridge need a little work: maybe make it a bit longer so you can avoid the double line between the window and the door)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: RAN Damen Aviation training vessel/OPV 2400Posted: May 21st, 2015, 7:45 am
That's the issue I found mostly with the design that Damen provided, very cramped bridge exterior, the bridge is the correct length as to the Damen design but I'm at a lost to fix the double black lines without undermining the accuracy of the drawing

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: RAN Damen Aviation training vessel/OPV 2400Posted: May 21st, 2015, 11:59 am
Good drawing, the only thing (my opinion) is that the shades below the flight deck are way to dark.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: RAN Damen Aviation training vessel/OPV 2400Posted: May 21st, 2015, 12:02 pm
Agreed wholly, I'm not sure if the design call for the area to be painted that dark or if the image overstated the shadow

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: RAN Damen Aviation training vessel/OPV 2400Posted: May 21st, 2015, 10:06 pm
Rodondo wrote:
Agreed wholly, I'm not sure if the design call for the area to be painted that dark or if the image overstated the shadow
I think someone has been over working on the shadows.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: