Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 14  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 5:37 am
Muscatatuck, might I ask where your Muscatatuck-class dreadnought would be operating when breaking ice? When I drew an icebreaker for Salide, I was told by Golly that a bow-propeller is only really used in the Baltic Sea. So, unless your dreadnought operates in that area, then there's no need for a bow prop.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 10:23 am
Looks nice :D (though I think she looks more 1908+ LD ;) )

tsd715 do you need to add yourself to credits ? and not sure that the gun numbers add up ? (6x1.9 in. guns)

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 1:06 pm
JSB wrote:
Looks nice :D (though I think she looks more 1908+ LD ;) )

tsd715 do you need to add yourself to credits ? and not sure that the gun numbers add up ? (6x1.9 in. guns)
Glad you like it JSB. I'll fix those things soon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Muscatatuck
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 1:20 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
Muscatatuck, might I ask where your Muscatatuck-class dreadnought would be operating when breaking ice? When I drew an icebreaker for Salide, I was told by Golly that a bow-propeller is only really used in the Baltic Sea. So, unless your dreadnought operates in that area, then there's no need for a bow prop.

That's strange as USCGC Mackinaw WAGB-83 uses a bow prop, although I will admit I have no clue what the uses would be other than maybe cavitate the water under the ice?
Once I get all of my AU sorted out and open the thread it'll be sorta like the Scandinavia peninsula off of Antarctica so there would be a body of water similar to the Baltic, but that the bow prop is by coincidence as I had no clue it was a Baltic thing.

Edit to ad this: From what I can collect from Golly's post only smaller bodies that don't allow ridge is the bow prop useful,so it could be useful in the AU then.

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 2:09 pm
A few updates on my submission as well as a new version of the ship as she was rebuilt in 1920.
(upon completion 1908)
[ img ]
(as rebuilt 1920)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 6:35 pm
Howdy Tsd715,

The only comment I would make is that you are calling the guns 12" while you have retained the French 13.4" guns and turrets in full. There are plenty of the 12" Courbet class ships that you can take the 12" guns off to populate your turrets with.

Your third 1920 rebuild looks good, other than the turret/guns problem.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 7:43 pm
Muscatatuck wrote:
ezgo394 wrote:
That's strange as USCGC Mackinaw WAGB-83 uses a bow prop, although I will admit I have no clue what the uses would be other than maybe cavitate the water under the ice?
Once I get all of my AU sorted out and open the thread it'll be sorta like the Scandinavia peninsula off of Antarctica so there would be a body of water similar to the Baltic, but that the bow prop is by coincidence as I had no clue it was a Baltic thing.

Edit to ad this: From what I can collect from Golly's post only smaller bodies that don't allow ridge is the bow prop useful,so it could be useful in the AU then.
Actually, yes. I didn't read on further and Rodondo makes a good point here:
Rodondo wrote:
Golly's right, bow props is a Baltic thing and rather limited to where the ice is not built up, hence it would be handy in large lakes, seas with no permanent ice cover. Propellers would have a hard time shifting oceanic ice which can be many years old, especially in the Arctic which can be a few meters thick and rather immense
So yes, a bow prop would be useful in lakes as well when it does not have permanent ice cover. Sorry for the confusion.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 10:20 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
Howdy Tsd715,

The only comment I would make is that you are calling the guns 12" while you have retained the French 13.4" guns and turrets in full. There are plenty of the 12" Courbet class ships that you can take the 12" guns off to populate your turrets with.

Your third 1920 rebuild looks good, other than the turret/guns problem.
Krakatoa,
Thanks for bringing the gun discrepancy to my attention and I'll fix that. I'll use the turrets off the Courbet, but is there, by any chance, a French Navy parts sheet?

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 10:25 pm
Well David Latuch has done a nice battleship one in the parts forum

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: August 8th, 2015, 11:20 pm
JSB wrote:
Well David Latuch has done a nice battleship one in the parts forum
Thanks, that looks great. I'll replace the quad 13.4 in. turrets with the double 12 in. turrets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 14  [ 132 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: