Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 14  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 914 »
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 21st, 2015, 1:24 pm
That looks good Rodondo, the overhead should look great when it is finished too. Exactly the sort of small dreadnought most countries would long to have.

Did you have a look at the 13.5" twin turret overhead drawing in the RN Parts sheet? Not sure on that broadside shading, should it not match the 'sun from bow' of the profile?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 21st, 2015, 1:28 pm
Thank's Krakatoa :)

I was unaware there was an overhead drawing, mine was based on a drawing and the old drawing of the turret, hence I've already singled it out for replacement

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 21st, 2015, 2:06 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
the 13.5" twin turret overhead drawing in the RN Parts sheet? Not sure on that broadside shading, should it not match the 'sun from bow' of the profile?
I did that one. well I shaded it as a stand alone part, so thus I could chose to shade from any direction, I did it mainly to make the shape more visual for any artist, that want to use it. But it is always that artist that use those parts, main duty to change color and shading to fit there own drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 22nd, 2015, 11:01 am
I've found the part, worth noting though there is a small ladder between the guns that runs up the face of the turret. I'll add it in for the next update

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 22nd, 2015, 11:54 am
Rodondo wrote:
I've found the part, worth noting though there is a small ladder between the guns that runs up the face of the turret. I'll add it in for the next update
pleas do that, all guns that I drew come after studying pictures, so there are always a chance that I forgot something. Specially when there are so hard to find good drawings on these guns.

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 22nd, 2015, 7:53 pm
The Alliance of American Nations first dreadnought ANS Valiant:
[ img ]

Last edited by WWII44 on July 25th, 2015, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 23rd, 2015, 12:35 am
looks like your image host is resizing your drawings. There is a lot of tutorials in the 'General Section' for how to fix that depending on which host you are using.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 23rd, 2015, 5:30 am
Not to mention a distinct and blatant lack of credits...

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 25th, 2015, 5:49 am
nighthunter wrote:
Not to mention a distinct and blatant lack of credits...
I drew this completely from scratch.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Challenge "My Countries First Dreadnought" 1905-10Posted: July 25th, 2015, 7:02 am
That looks better full size.

Have you got a few stats on size and armament?

Just for now the guns look too big for the turrets. The hull and superstructure look good. I am never sure on your trademark tall funnels. You like them, you keep them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 14  [ 132 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 914 »

Jump to: