Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Biancini1995
Post subject: Verusea ship projectsPosted: June 16th, 2016, 3:47 am
A while ago that brought my last projects was the battleship Idavar .

And now I'll show you more a work in progress that is this Battleship and wanted to hear from you for what you have to be implemented or corrected .

I know I need to add bulge , some more details to the hull ( window, a little shading ) , railings , anti aerial weaponry (though I have in mind it be more or less thrown from the same time of the queen elizabeth so there was no so AA ) and also give Appropriately credit because it was based on drawings of some forum members , but for now I wanted to know what it is necessary to improve :)

[ img ]

Yeah I forgot to tell you about the main armament and I was thinking about 4 triple 15' guns.

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: June 16th, 2016, 4:31 am
Nice artwork. If you have triple 15 inch turrets, then your beam (width) seems
to be too wide for the length of the hull - making your ship slower. The British
Queen Elizabeth class had only twin 15 inch on a hull similar to yours.
For AA armament, a pre - 1930's ship would probably have shielded twin
4 inch high angle guns. Later ships would have a mixed battery of light 20 or
25mm single guns, and something larger - like the 2 pdr "pom pom" or the
Bofors 40mm or German 37mm. I'm sure there are other AA guns available, but
I'm not familiar with them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: June 16th, 2016, 8:26 am
If you are looking for something that has triple 15", have a look at the Majestic class in my Fisherless RN thread. I drew triples for those which will give you turret/gun size. For triples your turrets look too small for the length of the guns.

The hull and superstructure are excellent, and do not require any more work. I would add a big pair of gun directors for the 15" on top of foremast, and on the aft superstructure. Two smaller directors would be on the superstructure for the 6".

For the 6" casemate guns. By the time your ship is being built the Navies of the world had realised that guns placed at the level of yours were practically useless in any decent seaway, which meant probably over 60% of the time. Move your 6" up one deck and place four in front of the little boat and 3 behind the boat. You lose one gun but they are now much more useable. Helps clean your hull too.

For AA at the timeline of your ship, one 3"AA gun on the high angle mount, beside each funnel (total of four guns).

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: June 16th, 2016, 7:12 pm
Hello Again!

Thanks for the help and tips!

Here's a little update for now:

It's still needing gun directors,railing and proper crediting but I made the main armament more bigger to be triple 15', and
I installed some AA and made some work in the hull like portholes and bulge and as extra I did a version with funnels trunked to do a little more unique.

But tell me what can be improved , if there's anything else I correct and try to finish it today ( here in my country ^^ )

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: June 16th, 2016, 9:15 pm
Unless you're looking at this in a divisional flagship sort of role, I'm not sure why you'd have this odd level-and-a-half conning tower forward. That's a lot of weight for no real utility. The one aft, especially, is rather bigger than I would care to ship.

I don't personally like the clearly copied-and-pasted porthole arrangement.

It's a decently clean and well-executed drawing. Needs railings, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: June 16th, 2016, 10:48 pm
I see abut the portholes arrangement I tried to vary a bit,but without sucess I try something later ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: June 21st, 2016, 10:45 pm
Hello!

Well after some time I finished the drawings,hope you guys enjoy!

Yes,it's lacking name I still don't have a solid idea for a name but you will see when I post them sooner or later in my AU.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: June 30th, 2016, 10:37 pm
Hello everyone!

Well ... after a while having just one battleship I bring you another ship and is a heavy cruiser.

As you can see I used japanese cruisers as inspiration.

Unfortunately I still have not learned how to use effectively springsharp so for now I can not bring minor details, but I want to show springsharp details when I have learned to use it properly.

About cruiser I can say that he is inspired by the Mogami, Takao and Type A Class (Never Built).

Well .... I have two ideas about the weapons of this cruiser one is more plausible, since the other is a bit more ... Overkill, but one idea at a time and I'm open to discussions.

The first arrangement would use 5 double towers with 8-inch cannons and 6 double towers of 127 mm cannons. (The arrangement of the secondary armament is missing in the drawing but is almost equal to the cruiser type A) and torpedoes (also missing in the drawing).

The second arrangement is to use 5 triple towers cannons 8 inches using the same secondary armament and torpedoes.

Both arrangements have the same protection (I still have no concrete idea if the protection will be the same as the epoch cruisers or I will give better protection...I need to learn to use the springsharp ;) )

I still need to finish the supertructure, put catapults, secondary weapons, torpedoes, boats, railing, directors and others.

Then I wanted to know what you guys think and know if there are problems to date

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: July 2nd, 2016, 9:00 pm
After some hours of learning and patience...^^

[ img ]

Some thing I would like to point you may see in the ship that I used items from diferent nations like machine guns and machine gun directors.I did it on purpose because my AU will have it's own equipment and gradually I'll introduce them and yeah...I added a extra 120mm dual purpose and I still didn't decided yet if the main guns will be double or triple...

Last edited by Biancini1995 on July 3rd, 2016, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Scootia23
Post subject: Re: Verusea ship projectsPosted: July 2nd, 2016, 9:14 pm
The three turrets for with one pointing at the bridge causes me irrational annoyance. It's so ugly ;-;

The bridge looks very nice through, reminds me of a larger version of what the Mogami's have with a very pleasing style, and the turrets themselves are very handsome. Can't say much about the design since I don't see any specs yet.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: