Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Eeo
Post subject: Re: Stealth Corvette (sort of Visby style)Posted: April 16th, 2017, 4:22 pm
No hull-mounted sonar? Otherwise, very nice.

I'd question the need to put helicopters on this thing though. I imagine this vessel's role will be patrol, anti-surface warfare and secondary anti-submarine capability (think sheepdog herding the submarine towards the frigates/friendly submarines).

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Stealth Corvette (sort of Visby style)Posted: April 16th, 2017, 5:01 pm
Eeo wrote: *
No hull-mounted sonar? Otherwise, very nice.

I'd question the need to put helicopters on this thing though. I imagine this vessel's role will be patrol, anti-surface warfare and secondary anti-submarine capability (think sheepdog herding the submarine towards the frigates/friendly submarines).
Do Visby class have hull mounted sonar, No. it have a towed sonar.... And that is what I have

Do Visby class helicopter, No. it have space for helicopter to land... I have a dedicated landing deck. There are no Hangar.

It go in the roll as an standard Corvette, that have some unique capability. It is armed to handle AAW (self defence), ASuW (Main role), ASW (to a limited degree). It will not be herding anyone, It would work in Nettverk with other ship, in Norway it would be by using Link 11 and Link 16 network systems. The Corvette would have similar tactical role as Skjold class and that is being an extended sensor and weapon platform for the frigates.

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: Stealth Corvette (sort of Visby style)Posted: April 16th, 2017, 5:14 pm
Visby class has a GDC C-Tech hull-mounted sonar. The towed array is complementary to the HMS...

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Stealth Corvette (sort of Visby style)Posted: April 16th, 2017, 8:21 pm
Eeo wrote: *
Visby class has a GDC C-Tech hull-mounted sonar. The towed array is complementary to the HMS...
If I am not totally wrong, it's build inside the hull and lowered down, when needed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: