Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Armoured man
Post subject: some my AU shipsPosted: September 18th, 2017, 9:21 pm
Hi everyone, i have some Aircraft Carrier from my AU, i would like to know if there are problems with the designs.

the first Carrier has Length of 822.42 ft and Displacement of 31,608 tons, she is a converted capital ship, Aircraft carried 52.
[ img ]
the second Carrier has Length of 636.50 ft and Displacement of 11,904, she is a converted heavy cruiser, Aircraft carried 25.
[ img ]

Last edited by Armoured man on September 27th, 2017, 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: some my AU shipsPosted: September 18th, 2017, 11:40 pm
For 1938 it is a bit early to have an IJN IFF, even if its on a carrier.
The target tracing installation on top of the tripd mast is also a part of the fire-control suite for IJN Battleships, and cannot go alone anyway, it needs to be used together with the direction controller and speed controller. For the timeframe I'd say is better to put an RDF up there (since it also appear you are lacking one).
Overall they look nice :D

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Kannevets
Post subject: Re: some my AU shipsPosted: September 18th, 2017, 11:57 pm
These look great, though I see a lack of anti-air searchlights for night battles, though that particular feature may be more a quirk of the total war scenario of World War II than a necessary peacetime innovation.

All my newer stuff is signed as czslworldtour.

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: some my AU shipsPosted: September 19th, 2017, 8:49 am
I've removed the IJN IFF and i added the direction controller and speed controller, and i added RDF to the mast, and i have some guns to show everyone
[ img ]
[ img ]
the Type 27 is a 40mm Autocannon designed in 1925 for the kantai navy, the gun had Rate of fire 140 round/min, the guns Muzzle velocity was 881 m/s (2,890 ft/s).
[ img ]
the Type 24 is a 127 mm naval gun designed in 1924 for the kantai navy, the gun had Rate of fire 12 round/min, the guns Muzzle velocity was 790 m/s (2,600 ft/s)
[ img ]
the ship is the Teshio, a Teshio class heavy cruiser Commissioned in 1937, the first ship in the Kantai navy to be fitted radar.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: some my AU shipsPosted: September 27th, 2017, 1:01 pm
the next ship is the Atago the last battlecruiser built for the Kantai navy. the Atago was a unique battercruiser of the Kantai navy built in the 1930s, with a Length of 822.42 ft and Displacement of 31,608 tons, she was the largest capital ship built for the Kantai navy up till that point
[ img ]
this ship was the Kantai navy first modern destroyer, the Ushio class was the navy first modern destroyer class, with a Length of 366.30 ft and Displacement of 1,780 tons.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: