Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Sareva
Post subject: Hiiro's Future Surface CombatantPosted: March 13th, 2018, 10:51 pm
First actual ship I made from the keel up.

*removed*

I have an AU - well, the general concept of one - in the works, but since I made this, I wanted to share it and maybe get some advice and what to do differently. This is a destroyer class first laid down in 2015 and commissioned in early 2017. Flight I (Above) are streamlined but not necessarily "stealthy" while the follow-on Flight II has had most of the electronics/systems integrated into the hull and the stacks better formed as well.

The ships are expected to provide standard Air Defense/Area Denial cover as well as support in the BMD role. ASuW operations can be conducted via the Mk32 launcher within the superstructure as well as the two SH-60's that can be stored in the hangar. An on-board crane allows for ship-to-shore transfer of equipment and standard 20'/10' ISO containers, much like the British Type 26 destroyer concept.

Comments, criticism, and what not always welcome! :)

Last edited by Sareva on March 15th, 2018, 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sareva
Post subject: Re: Hiiro's Future Surface CombatantPosted: March 15th, 2018, 8:36 pm
*removed*

The next two ships within Flight I.

Last edited by Sareva on March 15th, 2018, 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Hiiro's Future Surface CombatantPosted: March 15th, 2018, 9:27 pm
This is a pretty solid start! A few things...
  • SRBOC and Centurion both doesn't really make any sense. I'd keep Centurion. The SRBOC atop the radar deckhouse definitely doesn't make sense.
  • The shaft brackets are much too far forward. They should be as near as possible to the screw.
  • Your rudder should pivot near its midsection. This configuration would require extra-beefy steering gear for no reason.
  • The radar deckhouse should be symmetric; right now, the after face is at a different angle than the forward face. Also, conventionally we shade as if the sun is forward of the ship, so the after radar face should be darker, not lighter, than the sides of the superstructure.
  • The curve of the 'kink' near/at the main deck level doesn't really make sense. Conventionally, this curve results from a continuously-curved hull with a rectangular superstructure sitting on top. Ticos are probably the best example of this - the reason the change in angle on the forward deckhouse 'slopes up' is because the vertical part is aligned with the curve of the main deck edge, and above that it's rectangular when viewed from above.
    [ img ]
  • An anchor would be a good idea ;)
  • You should shade the inside of the open mission bay.
I look forward to seeing more!

[Profile] [Quote]
Sareva
Post subject: Re: Hiiro's Future Surface CombatantPosted: March 15th, 2018, 11:02 pm
I appreciate the advice!

Improvements have been made. :)

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Hiiro's Future Surface CombatantPosted: March 16th, 2018, 10:57 am
Looking good.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: