Hey all -
The next challenge is here.
This time we're designing an "early Cold War" destroyer, of any type. Specific requirements as follows:
- In service: 1950-1960
As you can see this is a very open-ended challenge with lots of leeway allowed. There is no limitation on the type of "destroyer"; it can be a DDG, DD, DL, DM, DE, or whatever you'd like provided it can be broadly classed as a "destroyer". The date range is also very fluid, and will generally be defined as "in service" during the 1950s. This can mean a wartime DD rebuilt to 1950s standards (as US FRAM destroyers were), or a new built design commissioned in 1959. Submit your drawing with or without a text block accompanying it.
Length of challenge & judging categories:
This challenge will run until 23:59:59 UTC September 14
, with winners being chosen by September 17
. Entries submitted after 23:59:59 UTC on September 14 will not be judged. Drawings will be judged on 3 categories, with 10 points available in each category, for a total of 30 available points:
- Adherence to SB style - does your drawing follow the SB style rules as defined in the Style Guide
- Drawing quality - how well-executed is your drawing?
- Design realism/feasibility - is your design realistic? Does it make sense given the parameters we have defined?
- One entry per person.
- Multiple versions of your entry are allowed, provided they show the same ship's evolution over time.
- Multiple views of your drawing are encouraged but not required.
- Text blocks with stats, history, etc are allowed but not required.
- Springsharp stat blocks are allowed but not required.
- Discussion of Springsharp is not allowed in this thread
. Since we have had such an issue with this in the past, any discussion of Springsharp in this thread will result in your disqualification and blacklisting from future challenges.
- Posts that are off topic in this thread will be deleted.
Here are all drawings in the SB archive of type "Destroyer" with the date specified
. Good luck everyone and happy drawing!