Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 16  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 516 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: July 30th, 2018, 9:37 pm
Hey all -

The next challenge is here. ;) This time we're designing an "early Cold War" destroyer, of any type. Specific requirements as follows:

Requirements:

- Destroyer
- In service: 1950-1960

As you can see this is a very open-ended challenge with lots of leeway allowed. There is no limitation on the type of "destroyer"; it can be a DDG, DD, DL, DM, DE, or whatever you'd like provided it can be broadly classed as a "destroyer". The date range is also very fluid, and will generally be defined as "in service" during the 1950s. This can mean a wartime DD rebuilt to 1950s standards (as US FRAM destroyers were), or a new built design commissioned in 1959. Submit your drawing with or without a text block accompanying it.

---

Length of challenge & judging categories:

This challenge will run until 23:59:59 UTC September 14, with winners being chosen by September 17. Entries submitted after 23:59:59 UTC on September 14 will not be judged. Drawings will be judged on 3 categories, with 10 points available in each category, for a total of 30 available points:

- Adherence to SB style - does your drawing follow the SB style rules as defined in the Style Guide?
- Drawing quality - how well-executed is your drawing?
- Design realism/feasibility - is your design realistic? Does it make sense given the parameters we have defined?

---

Challenge rules:

- One entry per person.
- Multiple versions of your entry are allowed, provided they show the same ship's evolution over time.
- Multiple views of your drawing are encouraged but not required.
- Text blocks with stats, history, etc are allowed but not required.
- Springsharp stat blocks are allowed but not required.
- Discussion of Springsharp is not allowed in this thread. Since we have had such an issue with this in the past, any discussion of Springsharp in this thread will result in your disqualification and blacklisting from future challenges.
- Posts that are off topic in this thread will be deleted.

---

Inspiration:

Here are all drawings in the SB archive of type "Destroyer" with the date specified. Good luck everyone and happy drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: July 31st, 2018, 7:57 pm
I'm very excited for this, and had been contemplating starting something similar. I have some pondering to do :D

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: July 31st, 2018, 10:46 pm
Ok! I am in the way!

[Profile] [Quote]
Aiseus
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: August 2nd, 2018, 2:08 am
*Quickly Wikipedias 1950s SAM and ASW Missile systems*

1890-1945 is my jurisdiction and I feel naked outside of it... Not sure if I'll try my hand at this one.

Edit: The easy way is no way at all, sorry other WIPs you're gonna have to step aside I'm doing this

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: August 2nd, 2018, 6:57 am
Seems like a very interesting challenge  but it's also very eerie for the fact that I was working on something that meets this criteria for this challenge almost exactly , and that's really strange.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: August 2nd, 2018, 9:59 am
That's interesting. I'm not sure I'll have time to take part in it though.. we'll see :)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: August 2nd, 2018, 10:11 am
An interesting challenge.
The scope is pretty wide which makes it a further challenge to decide what type of destroyer to go for.
I might throw my hat into the ring, I too need to see if I have the time to take part.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: August 2nd, 2018, 1:06 pm
I might give it a go.

[Profile] [Quote]
1143M
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: August 4th, 2018, 7:19 am
I join this contest~ :)

Last edited by 1143M on August 14th, 2018, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: August 6th, 2018, 1:43 am
Nice evolution of the ship there 1143M :)

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 16  [ 156 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 516 »

Jump to: