[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Shigure
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: December 12th, 2019, 8:38 pm
Great stuff AM :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Morten812
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: December 12th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Armoured man wrote: *
It's been a long time I'm since I've posted anything in this thread, but today I bring you something special, because this ship is part of a new AU, that I'm currently putting together and hopefully you'll enjoy what I have created.

the Cece Augustus class battleships was a class of modified standard type dreadnoughts built for the sanderan navy. the class serve primarily as a proof-of-concept for the development and usage of quad main gun turrets, even though the quad carrot proved to be a success, it did not make it into any future battleship designs due the amount of maintenance that the turret needed And its frequent breakdowns. like the other standard type battleships of the sanderan navy, the class sacrificed speed for both armour and range, due to sanderan's large overseas commitments.

Displacement: 30,000 tonnes standard
speed: 21 knots
range: 11,000 nautical miles at 10 knots Armagh
main belt: 12", ends 4"
armoured Deck: 5" over ammunition storage and machinery spaces, forecastle 3", quarterdeck 2.5"
torpedo bulkhead: 3"

8 35cm 45 calibre guns
12 15cm 60 calibre guns
4 10cm 45 calibre guns

[ img ]
Cece was commission on the 16th of November 1821 and was immediately placed into the third battleship Squadron her sister ship would follow her a year later in 1822. both ships with primarily be stationed out of the Alnus naval base in the Blue Sea. in 1829 Cece went into dry dock for refit and modernisation she would be put back into service in 1832 to however she would be separated from her sister and sent to one off to Terminus naval station in the Far East, she would however be reunited with her sister just in time for the start of the the second Great War. however she would not survive the conflict being sunk in 1841 by concentrated air attack from the Kushan air force, her sister ship would be sunk in 1848 by submarine attack.

Commissioned in 1821? a bit to modern in my opinion

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: December 12th, 2019, 10:54 pm
That's because my AU follows a different calendar system, 1821 is equivalent to the year 1924

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: December 13th, 2019, 10:17 am
Nah, if it is "1924" then you're good. Certain elements may be a bit outdated by this point, such as a very sparse superstructure. But that will work in your favour if it is a delayed project.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: December 14th, 2019, 9:23 am
I like it, a nice interesting design and well drawn too.
The conning tower looks a bit high, thinking of topweight here, but overall looks a realistic small battleship design.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: December 14th, 2019, 10:11 pm
Thanks, the reason I made the conning tower that high was because I wanted to fit 2 levels in it, but looking back on it I probably should have stuck to one level

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: April 8th, 2020, 7:45 pm
a sneak peek for things to come in the future

[ img ]
The brainchild of one admiral lion el Lothariusm, the Alnus class battlecruisers was a radical departure from previous Saderan battlecruiser designs, in unlike previous battlecruisers a compromise between heavy guns decent armour and decent speed, the Alnus class embraced the speed over armour philosophy that many Admirals during the course of the II coronation War, had come to believe that this was next logical evolution of the battlecruiser design, even though this ran cancer to the pre-existing Saderan battlecruiser Design philosophy, which required a battlecruiser in conjunction with operating and as a fleet scout, was also able to operate as part of the battle line when necessary, as a result of this requirement battlecruisers was supposed to have relatively decent armour, as a result the main gun size would have to be slightly smaller than most other countries contemporary battlecruisers, however Alnus class as stated above would embrace the speed over armour philosophy, and as a result as designed her classes top speed was 35 knots, which compared to most contemporary battlecruisers of the day was a bit on the slow side, another issue was her main guns which were the standard 14 inch M1817, which even though it was beginning to look it's age by 1821, it was still considered by many in the Admiralty to still be effective capital ship gun, however the problem was that the class didn't carry enough main guns to make up for the extremely thin belt armour and high-speed, meaning that in Battle it would have been most likely that the ship would have been outgunned by contemporary and older battlecruiser designs, however as a result of the war ending in 1823, the monstrous budget that the navy had was quickly cut, and as a result many ships that were under construction or design had to be cancelled due to lack of funds, the Alnus class was chief among them and was brought up as an example during the House of Commons debate over the subject, however the 50% complete hull of Alnus would be completed as a aircraft carrier and she would prove herself to be an effective design

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: December 5th, 2020, 3:22 pm
been doing some more stuff for my up-and-coming Saderan AU, I recently decided to do a 1942 refit of one of the 1920's Saderan battleships
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: December 5th, 2020, 3:29 pm
Most impressive.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
chile1
Post subject: Re:  random ship drawings Posted: February 16th, 2021, 2:09 am
In your Saderan AU, the JSDF Invasion Happens?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 60 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: