Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: CL-145 Roanoke 1991Posted: December 2nd, 2018, 1:31 am
The only critique I have of what is a beautiful rendering, is weren't those 6" guns, basically a flop? I got the impression that they didn't work well at all, and this is why those cruisers had a short service life.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: CL-145 Roanoke 1991Posted: December 2nd, 2018, 5:19 am
Nice and plausible idea the TLAM conversion of these cruisers. Well done TimothyC!

Or a Sea King helicpoter could be used, but the SH-2 also could work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: CL-145 Roanoke 1991Posted: December 2nd, 2018, 3:29 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Didn't the Iowa class battleships operate SH-60s in the 1990s? I'm not disagreeing with you, just don't know for sure ;)
If by operate with you mean could accommodate on its flight deck, sure. And given the SH-60 was well into the USN inventory by then I am sure it made an appearance there on occasion. However, as a primarily ASW bird at that time the question is was it the most likely helo to touch down on a hangerless non-ASW surface platform? Its completely accurate to have an SH-60 there, I am just think its not the best representative example of the era and it also sticks out on the retro aesthetic of the ship.

I think the drawing is amazing as is, its just a suggestion.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: