Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
heuhen
Post subject: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 15th, 2020, 11:16 pm
Wanted to redo my vessel... ended up with almost redesigning it!
[ img ]

- removed Hangar, I Have a flex deck, why not use it as a Hangar as well!
- Hangar superstructure made smaller and only double up as flex deck/drone/UAV hangar
- Single mast become, 2 mast in a new design. better survivability
- Changes to the weapon layout, Reduced.
- VLS is a Caledonia variant of Mk41 and port and starboard VLS are something between Mk41 and Mk57
- Main gun is gone, but there is base for a lightweight 5"
- moved around on self defense weapons
- Different layout on funnels, not 100% happy with the solutions... suggestions, sitting on the fence on going with either 4 turbines in 20000+hp range + 4 large, 4 small diesel and a backup diesel one for: forward; center; aft (emergency lights/pumps)

Note: top radar is basically a radar that are primarily used as an illuminator.
Note: 3 panels main radar, 4 panels secondary radar (what band and role they should have (same with the one above) it's not my field to say)
Note: Not sure if I need more panels for various electronics

[ img ]

simple numbers:

T: Light 10,000 tons; Nominal 12,000 tons Heavy 15,000 tons
L: 169.8m
B: 23.0m
D: 7.46m; 10.21m
P: 4 Gas (+-26000hp each), 4 L-Diesel (+-4000hp each); 4 S-Diesel (+-1500hp each) + battery bank. electric driveline +-30 min power mode at +-125,000hp (Note! some of the power are hotel power) (Note! the electric driveline isn't rated for +-125,000hp)
S: 26+ knots (combined), 12+- knots (Battery)
R: 6000 Nmi@16knots (Gas), 7500 Nmi@14knots (combined drive), 1000 Nmi@8knots (Battery)
C: 200 crew; 150 Passenger + additional when using flex deck
- Combined flex and Hangar deck with a ramp, that can be lowered all the way to the water, giving amphibious vehicle ability to drive onboard (below deck)
- Hangar for UAV on deck

unique note:
- 56mm is fully automated trough the ships combat system, work similar to an CIWS, but larger, more complex and aren't a plug and play system like Phalanx, it have to be fully integrated into the combat system.
- Carrying a small and cheap missile, that is somewhat-slow and are an precision missile that deliver a small warhead to target. it can receive new target information on the way, in a swarm attack, fired together with a smart missile like for example NSM, the smart missile will automatically command the missile, due to a unique program.

Last edited by heuhen on May 19th, 2020, 9:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 17th, 2020, 5:03 am
This looks promising. Interesting missile fit.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 17th, 2020, 6:23 pm
Updated drawing above, now with more detail. Not done yet, have to finish the radar structure.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 18th, 2020, 10:18 pm
updated. Think I'm done with it, unless someone have something to say

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 22nd, 2020, 5:31 pm
hush, I think I can hear the door squeaking....

aka. is this forum dead? me and many other people that are using the forum is wondering.... Discord is not the forum :| I do wonder, what is the point of an forum, when noone is using it, talking, posting, etc. and instead use discord.... when we have so many members that are only in here for a few times and hope on a feedback... what's the point of the forum. Whats the point of posting anything at all?

"Colosseum, feel free to move this post or delete"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 22nd, 2020, 6:04 pm
heuhen wrote: *

aka. is this forum dead? me and many other people that are using the forum is wondering.... Discord is not the forum :| I do wonder, what is the point of an forum, when noone is using it, talking, posting, etc. and instead use discord.... when we have so many members that are only in here for a few times and hope on a feedback... what's the point of the forum. Whats the point of posting anything at all?

"Colosseum, feel free to move this post"
Message boards are becoming "old school" unfortunately. First with "social media" (not super relevant to our community), and now with Discord. I've noticed the board doesn't get nearly as much activity as it used to. There's nothing to be "done" about this btw, this is just how things go - closing off the Discord server and forcing everyone to use the forum is not something we have any interest in. If you want real time feedback on your work join the Discord server.

I still prefer the board for creating organized threads with writeups etc. But the majority of the active discussion now happens on Discord and that's just a fact of life unfortunately ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 22nd, 2020, 6:13 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
heuhen wrote: *

"Colosseum, feel free to move this post"
Message boards are becoming "old school" unfortunately. First with "social media" (not super relevant to our community), and now with Discord. I've noticed the board doesn't get nearly as much activity as it used to. There's nothing to be "done" about this btw, this is just how things go - closing off the Discord server and forcing everyone to use the forum is not something we have any interest in. If you want real time feedback on your work join the Discord server.

I still prefer the board for creating organized threads with writeups etc. But the majority of the active discussion now happens on Discord and that's just a fact of life unfortunately ;)
Yeah it's sad for use artist that are only in here now and then, and have a life outside shipbucket... and have to wait for weeks for a feedback and get the felling of being talked about "behind our back"

There is on thing I find weird, there isn't a link at top of the forum, that link the forum back to Shipbucket main page and discord....

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 22nd, 2020, 6:49 pm
Again, if you want feedback at a more regular cadence than what you receive here, join the Discord server.

https://discord.gg/5PHq8Dk

[Profile] [Quote]
Morten812
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 23rd, 2020, 11:11 am
Great drawing

Appears to be af 'beffed-up' version of the danish 'Absalon' class support-ship, as the also have e flex-deck

That is those 3 yellow object on the port side of the fligth-deck?

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

Last edited by Morten812 on May 23rd, 2020, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 23rd, 2020, 11:45 am
Morten812 wrote: *
Great drawing

Appears to be af 'beffed-up' version of the danish 'Absalon' class support-ship, as the also have e flex-dech

That is those 3 yellow object on the port side of the fligth-deck?

Those three yellow object's is tow vehicle, for deck and flex deck work

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: