Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 27th, 2020, 10:47 pm
A little update:

trying to specify what each face should do, roughly. erik-t might have a good suggestion what each faces capability should be, since this isn't my speciality. And perhaps if I should add something extra.
Note: window in radar structure are for cameras, infrared, etc. (things that need line of sight)

Change note:

side view:
- structure under forward 56mm guns have been changed a little, gonna work a little more on that, ot 100% happy with it yet.
- aft radar is totally redone!
- made more compact
- removal of unnecessary structure
- Streamlined some of the structure, to better airflow over the radar, to minimize possible turbulence behind structure over the helicopter deck, under certain weather condition. will also reduce fuel
- usage at higher speed, due to better aerodynamic

top view
- aft radar totally remodeled...

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 28th, 2020, 9:09 pm
heuhen wrote: *
A little update:

trying to specify what each face should do, roughly. erik-t might have a good suggestion what each faces capability should be, since this isn't my speciality. And perhaps if I should add something extra.
Note: window in radar structure are for cameras, infrared, etc. (things that need line of sight)

Change note:

side view:
- structure under forward 56mm guns have been changed a little, gonna work a little more on that, ot 100% happy with it yet.
- aft radar is totally redone!
- made more compact
- removal of unnecessary structure
- Streamlined some of the structure, to better airflow over the radar, to minimize possible turbulence behind structure over the helicopter deck, under certain weather condition. will also reduce fuel
- usage at higher speed, due to better aerodynamic

top view
- aft radar totally remodeled...

https://i.imgur.com/De5OF5t.png
Second update:

Forward radar mast is redone:
- made more compact, with same design as aft. To simplify mass production

- New location for satcom, give it also a little better protection from random sea spray
Funnel similar but with some small changes to make it fit in more.

Center Weapon deck slightly changed:
- raised 1 deck, help out with the layout a little and improve internal room, but with smaller radar structure the center of gravity is somewhat lowered
- VLS is moved a little more aft
- NSM launcher is moved aft and integrated into the ship (Need to add exhaust for NSM)

Forward weapon deck:
- due to some changes to the main superstructure I could move the VLS and "ready for" gun mount, more aft, thus making her less front heavy.

[ img ]

To do list:
- Railings
- moving RHIB bay one deck up
- perhaps add a 5" gun?
- see if I can improve the aft deck layout... (do wonder how she would look like with a helicopter deck that is wider than the ship?)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 29th, 2020, 8:07 pm
final version

the 5" gun is low, the only time when the 5" will be used is in a gunfire support role or firing smart ammunition, every thing else is done by the 56mm guns

[ img ]

wonder how the class would look like a clean warship

Last edited by heuhen on May 30th, 2020, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 30th, 2020, 8:32 am
Another excellent Heuhen design; big, brash and unique in every way.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Morten812
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 30th, 2020, 8:43 am
I think you missed the 2 x quad NSM launcher on the topview . also missing on the Caledonian post

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 30th, 2020, 10:14 am
Morten812 wrote: *
I think you missed the 2 x quad NSM launcher on the topview . also missing on the Caledonian post
They are build into the structure.

you see the hatch on the side of the structure, with two exhaust went to the side of it... I just forgot to put it a little lower.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: May 30th, 2020, 10:16 am
Hood wrote: *
Another excellent Heuhen design; big, brash and unique in every way.
Thanks!

well I don't want to draw a "copy..."

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: June 2nd, 2020, 7:05 pm
Good work Heuhen... Jolly well done sir. Fantastic design. I love her :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: June 11th, 2020, 11:33 pm
hm! how would that hull look like a ...cruiser of some sort?

Early WIP!!!

Since it's very early on, there is still things that will be changed around. But as it stand now:

- Main structure is lower then on Rambiert class, due to flex deck is gone, altough the Hangar might have a little flexibility (the size of the hangar isn't set in stone yet)
- Same radar as Rambiert class, but with bigger and more powerful main and secondary radar... (basically the have much bigger faces, around 10-15%)
- Sort of a Hybrid propulsion & hotel power. (Note. engine in the drawing are stand in for Caledonia own engine, but they should be similar in output) (two large funnels)

(Note! The powerplant might be adjusted, I might have overkill it a little... again :shock: :lol:, but big radar need power! and big and heavy hull need more power for carrier fleet speed, yeah overkill)
powerplant: 4 main Gas-turbine, 4 backup diesel's and 4 Electric engine/generator that all can be driven individual or all together.
Battery pack: for both propulsion (silent drive) or hotel-power
Hotel: 3 Diesel generator + 2+(4 generator on main powerplant), that in addition to provide hotel power can also back up the propulsion

- 1 x extended length VLS with 48 cell. Forward weapon deck
- 1 x Standard length VLS with 64 cell. Midships weapon deck
- Aft deck, 12 cell VLS for RAM Block 2 and NLOS-LS Quad pack and or Quadrupedal pack
- 1 x 140 mm Naval gun on forward weapon deck (Wondering if I am going to give it capability to fire depth charge) (I'm considering going for a normal 127 mm (with the advantage of NATO-ammo))
- 2 (-more) X 56 mm DP
- large active/passive bow sonar
- Large hangar with space for medium and Heavy helicopter + UAV with full repair facility

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
maxwell john
Post subject: Re: Heuhen's Large surface combatantPosted: June 30th, 2020, 8:31 pm
I love the ship, especially how it progresses.
Keep up the good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: