|heuhen wrote: *||May 27th, 2020, 10:47 pm|
A little update:
trying to specify what each face should do, roughly. erik-t might have a good suggestion what each faces capability should be, since this isn't my speciality. And perhaps if I should add something extra.
Note: window in radar structure are for cameras, infrared, etc. (things that need line of sight)
- structure under forward 56mm guns have been changed a little, gonna work a little more on that, ot 100% happy with it yet.
- aft radar is totally redone!
- made more compact
- removal of unnecessary structure
- Streamlined some of the structure, to better airflow over the radar, to minimize possible turbulence behind structure over the helicopter deck, under certain weather condition. will also reduce fuel
- usage at higher speed, due to better aerodynamic
- aft radar totally remodeled...
Forward radar mast is redone:
- made more compact, with same design as aft. To simplify mass production
- New location for satcom, give it also a little better protection from random sea spray
Funnel similar but with some small changes to make it fit in more.
Center Weapon deck slightly changed:
- raised 1 deck, help out with the layout a little and improve internal room, but with smaller radar structure the center of gravity is somewhat lowered
- VLS is moved a little more aft
- NSM launcher is moved aft and integrated into the ship (Need to add exhaust for NSM)
Forward weapon deck:
- due to some changes to the main superstructure I could move the VLS and "ready for" gun mount, more aft, thus making her less front heavy.
To do list:
- moving RHIB bay one deck up
- perhaps add a 5" gun?
- see if I can improve the aft deck layout... (do wonder how she would look like with a helicopter deck that is wider than the ship?)