Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Mauser
Post subject: Rhineland Navy | Alternate germanyPosted: May 17th, 2020, 3:11 pm
My personal made country's Navy. Rhineland Navy.

Current ships are the Minesweeper

[ img ]

and Fast attack craft

[ img ]

Parts currently

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: Rhineland Navy | Alternate germanyPosted: May 19th, 2020, 9:01 pm
Added a corvette. Bavaria class. Built in 1980s. Current year is 1999

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TJW
Post subject: Re: Rhineland Navy | Alternate germanyPosted: May 19th, 2020, 10:35 pm
Looks interesting. Would love to see more & some background story too.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Rhineland Navy | Alternate germanyPosted: May 22nd, 2020, 5:56 pm
- I would post this in Alternativ universe topic

Minesweeper: Chiem class

- Bridge windows, where are they?
- Funnel, for your engines?
- Shading under overhang etc. could have been improved, look at other shipbucket drawings as an inspiration
- Study other minesweeper and see what equipment the usually have on deck.
- window color, could be a bit lighter.
- National flag is carried at stern and not bow, usually it's just a small vimpel or flag in the bow

Fast attack craft: Laacher class

- Bridge window?
- I doubt the ship will be able to carry a 60mm so high up and two of them. Fast attack crafts are usually light for a reason. I would go for 56mm (Nato standard) on forward deck, and either a 20mm or if you have to a 40mm on the aft deck, with a shield between the gun and the missile launcher, or move the missile launcher aft where the RHIB is, extend the superstructure more aft, and put the gun there, but a deck lower.
- when a ship carry missiles, we usually post the missile above the vessel.
- ship with waterjet, does not have a ruder, the waterjet is also an ruder!
- National flag is carried at stern and not bow, usually it's just a small vimpel or flag in the bow

corvette: Bavaria class

- main deck doesn't need to be the same height as the helicopter Hangar, you just lose valuable space.
- If the ship have Hangar for the helicopter, the helicopter should be posted on deck, if it's flying, then there is no Hangar and your deck height is pointless.
- Normal deck height in shipbucket is 16 to 18 px high
- You need an funnel... the smoke from the engine doesn't magically disappear by itself.... it's not a small pleasure craft.
- The angle of the propeller is wrong. a propeller shouldn't point in a different direction than the propeller shaft.
- a corvette would usually have torpedoes onboard and a launcher for those torpedoes.
- look at other drawings in the forum for underwater shading.
- and the bridge window... have you seen a warship with bridge windows almost as big as a man.
- window colors...

I recommend look at Shipbucket drawing and shading rule: http://shipbucket.com/styleguide

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: Rhineland Navy | Alternate germanyPosted: May 22nd, 2020, 7:18 pm
heuhen wrote: *
- I would post this in Alternativ universe topic

Minesweeper: Chiem class

- Bridge windows, where are they?
- Funnel, for your engines?
- Shading under overhang etc. could have been improved, look at other shipbucket drawings as an inspiration
- Study other minesweeper and see what equipment the usually have on deck.
- window color, could be a bit lighter.

Fast attack craft: Laacher class

- Bridge window?
- I doubt the ship will be able to carry a 60mm so high up and two of them. Fast attack crafts are usually light for a reason. I would go for 56mm (Nato standard) on forward deck, and either a 20mm or if you have to a 40mm on the aft deck, with a shield between the gun and the missile launcher, or move the missile launcher aft where the RHIB is, extend the superstructure more aft, and put the gun there, but a deck lower.
- when a ship carry missiles, we usually post the missile above the vessel.

corvette: Bavaria class

- main deck doesn't need to be the same height as the helicopter Hangar, you just lose valuable space.
- If the ship have Hangar for the helicopter, the helicopter should be posted on deck, if it's flying, then there is no Hangar and your deck height is pointless.
- Normal deck height in shipbucket is 16 to 18 px high
- You need an funnel... the smoke from the engine doesn't magically disappear by itself.... it's not a small pleasure craft.
- The angle of the propeller is wrong. a propeller shouldn't point in a different direction than the propeller shaft.
- a corvette would usually have torpedoes onboard and a launcher for those torpedoes.
- look at other drawings in the forum for underwater shading.
- and the bridge window... have you seen a warship with bridge windows almost as big as a man.
- window colors...

I recommend look at Shipbucket drawing and shading rule: http://shipbucket.com/styleguide
Nah about the flag i want it to be like that. I dont care here what the standard are

- I doubt the ship will be able to carry a 60mm so high up and two of them.
You might didnt saw it, but its only one. The turret in the aft is twin 20 mm

my inspiration was the hayabusa class from japan. Compare that with mine. I didnt changed anything great there

Thats why its flying. It doesnt have a hangar. What do you mean with "and your deck height is pointless."?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Rhineland Navy | Alternate germanyPosted: May 22nd, 2020, 8:36 pm
KapkanNikolai wrote: *
Thats why its flying. It doesnt have a hangar. What do you mean with "and your deck height is pointless."?
The height is to tall for a single deck, but to low for twin deck.... unless you'r main deck is 3.5 meter tall. must be tall people

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: