Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Toxic Loki
Post subject: Spainsh CATOBAR Aircraft Carrier ConceptPosted: May 25th, 2020, 10:03 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Spainsh CATOBAR Aircraft Carrier ConceptPosted: May 25th, 2020, 11:34 pm
The drawing is very attractively rendered!

That said, it seems to suffer from a fatal flaw: a lack of freeboard. Thirteen feet relative to the floor of the hangar, and only six feet relative to the RHIB aft. The ship does not seem survivable in a heavy sea even in an undamaged condition. She might be taking green water into various hull openings even in Sea State 5.

That's not an outright show-stopper, but it's contrary to all aircraft carriers I know about, and I assume their designers know more than I do.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Spainsh CATOBAR Aircraft Carrier ConceptPosted: July 29th, 2020, 10:11 pm
erik_t wrote: *
The drawing is very attractively rendered!

That said, it seems to suffer from a fatal flaw: a lack of freeboard. Thirteen feet relative to the floor of the hangar, and only six feet relative to the RHIB aft. The ship does not seem survivable in a heavy sea even in an undamaged condition. She might be taking green water into various hull openings even in Sea State 5.

That's not an outright show-stopper, but it's contrary to all aircraft carriers I know about, and I assume their designers know more than I do.
Agreed. And the draft should be deeper to counterbalance the above water weight.

[Profile] [Quote]
stan hyd
Post subject: Re: Spainsh CATOBAR Aircraft Carrier ConceptPosted: March 16th, 2021, 8:31 am
Apart from the draft issue, it’s a lovely design that reminds me of the CVV design from the 70’s.

This would be my option to add to the US Navy to increase carrier numbers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: