Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
ForceA1
Post subject: Re: HMS VictoriaPosted: July 7th, 2020, 2:44 pm
FOXGAME wrote: *
is this set-up better then ?
The Type 984s need more space to fully rotate (The forward one is blocked by the foremast, whilst the rearmost Type 984s aft arcs intersect with the LRS-1 Director.)

The previous criticisms about the main armament by the others still stand. I don't think there is enough space in the hull to support the aft-most turret, particularly where the keel steps up. I think the same may be true of A turret as well.

You are either going to have:
a) reduce the main armament to something that will fit on the hull you've drawn, or
b) scale up the hull so it can support the armament you currently have.

I think the superstructure (particularly aft) is much too large, and the funnels should be vertical rather than raked, and further apart, or alternatively, combined in to a single funnel. For examples of what to do with the superstructure, funnels and main armament, I suggest you look at the Cruisers of 1960, in particular Sketches I and IV.

[ img ]

[ img ]
FOXGAME wrote: *
and dus someone have those little boats for me and a accurate crane?
Period specific boats and cranes can found on Derkjester's rendition of Design ZA http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =13&t=8312, and Hood's series of Guided Missile Cruisers http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =13&t=6281
I'm not sure if they are components (which you don't have to credit anyone for) or if they are bespoke for the individual drawings. I suggest asking the authors involved.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: HMS VictoriaPosted: July 7th, 2020, 3:16 pm
Real naval architects are pretty good at what they do, and they generally plan a hull and combat system that are compatible, with neither greatly in excess of the needs of the other.

If one thinks they can pack 50% or more equipment than the real thing (the Tigers had two 6" turrets!!!!!!), I think they should reflect very deeply on why they're so much more clever than the experts who did this professionally.

[Profile] [Quote]
FOXGAME
Post subject: Re: HMS VictoriaPosted: July 7th, 2020, 3:41 pm
i dont tink im more clever and i was just tring to make a folo up on the minetaur classe

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: HMS VictoriaPosted: July 7th, 2020, 4:08 pm
remember that the triple 6in turret that Minotaur class had, was lighter the the 6in twin turret you have on this drawing. and she had only 3 turret then 6 turrets!

[Profile] [Quote]
ForceA1
Post subject: Re: HMS VictoriaPosted: July 7th, 2020, 5:21 pm
heuhen wrote: *
remember that the triple 6in turret that Minotaur class had, was lighter the the 6in twin turret you have on this drawing. and she had only 3 turret then 6 turrets!
I think they were referring to the 1947 clean sheet Minotaur design that followed on from Design Y (Neptune).

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: HMS VictoriaPosted: July 7th, 2020, 6:20 pm
ForceA1 wrote: *
I think they were referring to the 1947 clean sheet Minotaur design that followed on from Design Y (Neptune).
this one?
http://shipbucket.com/drawings/6126/file

[Profile] [Quote]
ForceA1
Post subject: Re: HMS VictoriaPosted: July 7th, 2020, 6:44 pm
ForceA1 wrote: *
this one?
http://shipbucket.com/drawings/6126/file
That is design ZA, a slightly smaller alternate design to the design which would have been constructed Design Z4C (also known as design D). Z4C would have been longer, and a major visual difference would be that the 3 forward turrets were arranged like the those of the Dido class, with two mounts being superfiring.

[Profile] [Quote]
FOXGAME
Post subject: Re: HMS VictoriaPosted: July 8th, 2020, 11:04 am
i mean the 1947 design that was not finish and later canseld they had 5 twin 6inch gun turrets

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: