Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: First World War Battlecruiser ChallengePosted: September 24th, 2020, 12:27 pm
The poll for the First World War battlecruiser challenge is now closed. I wish to thank the 29 people who participated in the poll. Your responses add value to each entry and are an opportunity to reward those who achieve. Also, thank you to those people who answered the additional questions I included about view limits and drawing restrictions. Finally, the 18 other people who submitted an entry deserve thanks. Without them, these challenges would be nothing.

[ img ]

Congratulations to GarlicDesign, who achieved first place with LT Comhcheangal. The camouflage scheme was excellent and the top-down view was quite sharp. It is no surprise they also received the highest score in the drawing quality category. Second place was a hard-fought battle. In the end, both Denodon (Andrea Contarini) and Shigure (ARS Arcadia) received the same number of points. Both drawings were outstanding in their own, individual way. Denodon also achieved the highest score in the originality category. When second place is shared by two people, it is traditional to ignore the next position. However, I think Charguizard deserves special mention for only being one point behind Denodon and Shigure. It really shows how each point matters. Also deserving of special mention is Armoured Man, who achieved the highest score in the design realism category.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: First World War Battlecruiser ChallengePosted: September 24th, 2020, 5:33 pm
Hi all

Thanks to all who liked my entry and expressed that liking in the poll! Congrats to the runners-up (especially Denodon, easily my favourite) and all others - it was quite the contest.

And particular thanks to everyone involved for choosing a challenge topic located squarely in my comfort zone...

How about a 19th century ironclad or an armoured cruiser next?

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: First World War Battlecruiser ChallengePosted: September 25th, 2020, 8:46 am
I enjoyed viewing all the entries, a very nice collection of ships.

I haven't got any personal feedback for the entrants but I did notice that several artists (who are not all newbies) were missing overhang shadows and shading in some areas. Some were overdoing the shadows too, I can live with that but really a single pixel overhang shadow has been standard for as long as I can remember in SB. This cost some artists points in my scoring no matter how good the overall drawing looked.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: