Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 11:40 pm
Looking good. If you would please add the names of the AFVs in the drawings to the text of your post, it will make searches a lot easier.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 11:42 pm
Good effort! It might be better to align the tanks vertically with the writing to the right in a column? I think it might look neater. Also, a slightly lighter shade of green might better show the detail, although my screen might just be shit!

Anyway, can't wait to see more!

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 11:58 pm
jabba: Your right about going vertical. I tried it at first but I found it was difficult to compare each machine by looking up and down. On the horizontal its easier to see differences in height and other details (though it may just be me). Also I find it harder to line them up but again, thats just me. If other people think aligning them vertical is a good idea then I'll start posting them that way.

Also, about the colour; I didn't realise it was hard to see :( .
If other people are having trouble seeing the details then I'll change the colours. I'm currently working on Cold War AFVs too and they are all a few shades lighter so it wouldn't be too much of a problem but it would slow me down initially....
Also, I find its easier to see the details on larger tanks cause the black lines are farther apart so maybe it'l help when I get to medium and heavy tanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 20th, 2011, 12:12 am
Soviet amphibious tanks and medium tanks:

Amphibious tanks first:
[ img ]
From the left:
T-37
T-38
T-38 (with 20mm cannon)
T-40

Medium tanks:
[ img ]
From the left:
T-28
T-34/57/76/85
T-44/85/100
T-54

I included the T-54 because it was designed during the war, the prototype was finished before the end of the war and it is a direct descendant of the T-34 so it fits my criteria. The model shown is one of the early A and B variants before it became the T-55.

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 20th, 2011, 1:18 am
Since I only have one class tomorrow, I figure I might as well do Soviet heavy tanks today too:

[ img ]
From the left:
KV-1
T-100
SMK
KV-85
IS-1
IS-2
IS-3
IS-4
T-10 (IS-10)
T-35
IS-7

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 20th, 2011, 8:41 am
Can't really say that SB scale is at its best with tanks, but these things are great. You can even recon the tanks without a credit so Its really lot better than we've seen in the past of ground vehicles in SB scale. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 20th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Here is a little gem I did a while back just to see if putting camo and other markings is useful.

[ img ]

On the left is a German Panther with some camouflage scheme I made up with a lot of contrast between the colours, then one with very little so that they blend and on the right is a "clean" Panther.

Also, if you look hard, you can see I made a little booboo on the "clean" Panther :lol:
Its an older version before I did overlapping road wheels on my drawings (oops)

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 20th, 2011, 2:36 pm
I want to call you Mister Bad-Ass, these are just TO awesome :)

Can you also make the modern age tanks of Mother Russia? :)

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 20th, 2011, 2:43 pm
GroundSluger wrote:
Here is a little gem I did a while back just to see if putting camo and other markings is useful.

[ img ]

On the left is a German Panther with some camouflage scheme I made up with a lot of contrast between the colours, then one with very little so that they blend and on the right is a "clean" Panther.

Also, if you look hard, you can see I made a little booboo on the "clean" Panther :lol:
Its an older version before I did overlapping road wheels on my drawings (oops)
I'd say have them be clean for clarity, as they're already really small.

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 20th, 2011, 2:57 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
I want to call you Mister Bad-Ass, these are just TO awesome :)

Can you also make the modern age tanks of Mother Russia? :)
Well I'm working on Soviet Cold War tanks right now but I have only finished the BMP 1 & 2, the T-55 and some amphibious Chinese tank whose name I can't remember at the moment. But, I have done the Black Eagle tank just for fun and the BMP 3 is kind of sitting on the back burner at the moment.

Now, to finish off the Soviet Union:

Their mighty assault guns:
[ img ]
From the left:
AT-1 (based on the T-26 hull)
SU-122 (on the T-34 hull)
ISU-122 (on the IS hull)
SU- 152 (on the KV hull)
ISU-152 (on the IS hull)
KV-2 (guess which hull it uses :) )

and now the tank destroyers:
[ img ]
From the left:
ZIS-30
SU-76 (T-70 hull)
SU-85 (T-34 hull)
SU-101 (T-34 hull)
SU-100 (T-34 Hull)
... and thats about it for Mother Russia :)
I have some rocket artillery and assorted other vehicles that don't fit in any of the above categories but I'll do them later.

Next up is the UK and her mighty tanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: