Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: November 3rd, 2011, 4:21 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Heuhen - I know I said before that I thought that the Nansens used the SPG-62. I was wrong (just like most of the internet).

Here is my interpretation of the radar (side and top views):
Yes some of my documents said SPG 62 while others said SPG 60, but thank you. I plan to give the frigates a final update in the near future because there is a slight difference between the first frigates and the last one!

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: November 3rd, 2011, 4:32 pm
heuhen wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
Heuhen - I know I said before that I thought that the Nansens used the SPG-62. I was wrong (just like most of the internet).

Here is my interpretation of the radar (side and top views):
Yes some of my documents said SPG 62 while others said SPG 60, but thank you. I plan to give the frigates a final update in the near future because there is a slight difference between the first frigates and the last one!

The thing is, it isn't either of those. It isn't even a USN radar at all. :geek:

The kicker for me was when the Nansens were not mentioned in any of the Raytheon literature.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: November 3rd, 2011, 4:41 pm
I'm going to take to try to find out what kind of radar that is.

possibly I will ask my stepfather, who worked with the frigate project. He was a radar expert in the navy (Graduated: electrical engineer). but I do not meet him before Christmas!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: November 3rd, 2011, 5:27 pm
Found a possible nutcracker.

After the text to judge, so does it sounds like Fridtjof Nansen class is equipped with a Norwegian produced illuminator based on the Mk82 (AN/SPG-62) CW illuminator. with parts from different European suppliers. and that is what makes it look a little different.
Quote:
3.2 Sensors for Fridtjof Nansen frigates
The sensors that are related to surface water warfare is
· SPY-1F multi-function radar S-band,
· Sagem Vigy 20 EO director,
· Mk XII IFF (transponder and interrogator)
· Open Systems CS-3701 ESM,
· 2 Mk82 (AN/SPG-62) CW illuminator,
· 3 navigation market (2 X band and 1 S band), all pulsed.

Antenna panels to the SPY-1F is the same size (12 feet) which records the SPY-1D so it's possible to
install the SPY-1D antennas and all related accessories, but it is not an opportunity that
not particularly relevant.

4.3.3 illuminator
illuminators are slaves to the SPY radar via the AEGIS system. They are a little different
account for and aft and have blind spots due. superstructure. INTSIM model lighting
context ESSM firing as one will be based on the model. The disadvantage of INTSIM is
among other things, that one does not specify a refraction profile and that you do not have access to
multi-way propagation. KDA has been contracted to develop and produce illuminator and
use NERA as a subcontractor to the RF section. Since Norwegian companies will develop and produce
illuminate clean makes it easier to immediately access data and information about them. You will take in
Based on illuminator in INTSIM.
ref from here (it's in Norwegian): http://rapporter.ffi.no/rapporter/2001/01532.pdf

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: February 18th, 2012, 10:14 pm
Eidsvold class main gun:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: February 25th, 2012, 10:51 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: February 29th, 2012, 10:13 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: March 27th, 2012, 1:53 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: March 27th, 2012, 5:33 pm
Your note doesn't make any sense.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norwegian Parts and weapon etc.Posted: March 27th, 2012, 6:19 pm
I'll shall try to write a better text. but you can also come with a suggestion about what I should write.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: