Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 536 »
APDAF
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 11:18 am
It would help in cut-a-ways.

If someone would draw some engine parts then it help in making the drawings more feasible.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 11:34 am
well, having seen all these comments.... let me phrase it this way. would anybody join me in drawing these parts? I mean, I might do quite a few for my own projects, if only for the fact that the uniform sb scale makes this usable for everything. doing an quick concept work for my education and all: just take the parts of the sheet. that, and the educational part mentioned here, are why I started to do some belowdeck parts.

I know some people don't really believe in the educational part. but still, I am the proof it is there. I came on the bucket almost 2 years ago, and went from an noob to an shipbuilding student. in some aspects (especially warships) I have knowledge other students and sometimes teachers don't have, because of the bucket. an huge amount of knowledge and expertise is gathered here.... and it would be an crime to not pass it on :P this is why I slowly am starting to do cutaways, plan views and, more general, better thought out designs.

of course we can't do all parts. lot's of references are missing, and sometimes belowdeck is not standardised. but, if a few people join me in drawing parts like these, a lot can be done. of course, next to nothing would be seen of them, they are belowdeck..... but to get people thinking how ships work, and to understand and design them realistic.... it would be worth the effort for me.

so, who would help?

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 11:39 am
I personally like the concept here, of having a resource base for below decks installations; and while they would never appear on any finished drawing, they are surely an excellent resource for any project, where we are doing own designs and AU projects, also never-builts that lack comprehensive information. The single most fault we see in a lot of stuff people produce on their own is the overloading of hulls and unrealistic placing of weapons; so something like what we have here should be used in these cases. I wish you well on this one Ace :)

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 11:49 am
I would help if a) I had sources b) the time to draw them c) I have better drawing skills.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 3:42 pm
As I stated earlier, it's a very excellent idea both to understand the building of ships and to get personal knowledge. As Ace I have learnt a lot here in SB (not as much and certainly not nearby Ace's expertice!) and if I stumble over anything below deck which I can participate with, I gladly will draw and attach it ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 3:52 pm
I won't bother but that's simply because I think it's the responsibility of the kitbasher to learn about what they're drawing. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 3:56 pm
IMO, it is an fact most of them don't. :P it would spare 'us' a lot of trouble telling them what they should do themselves.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 4:07 pm
Well by all means, you guys go ahead but I'm busy drawing ships. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Shipbucket is not a forum nor specially a online commoners school for shipdesings. Its a forum for certain type of shipdrawings. The bellow deck parts are not nesserical when drawing reall ships.
In the reall end, we cannot make the casuall AU wacky stuff faction learn anything about shipbuilding/designing... and those "we" could make, would propably learn it (and lot better) from elsewhere. Too much effort these days goes on trying to "correct" others ill knowledge when they try to draw for fun, and all that effort is ever gonna get us is bad spirit, ego-clashes and online drama...
and that means more work for me...
so...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Shipbucket is not a forum nor specially a online commoners school for shipdesings. Its a forum for certain type of shipdrawings. The bellow deck parts are not nesserical when drawing reall ships.
In the reall end, we cannot make the casuall AU wacky stuff faction learn anything about shipbuilding/designing... and those "we" could make, would propably learn it (and lot better) from elsewhere. Too much effort these days goes on trying to "correct" others ill knowledge when they try to draw for fun, and all that effort is ever gonna get us is bad spirit, ego-clashes and online drama...
and that means more work for me...
so...
This.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 536 »

Jump to: