Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sidesPosted: November 14th, 2010, 12:42 pm
the title says it all......
Attachment:
otomelaras new.png
the oto is done by miho, and the size is changed by mitch. the 76 is done entirely by me. all drawings follow official drawings from oto melara.
I will be redoing the marlin as well, and I will try to make top and front views of all guns. (and maybe the back views too.)
also, there are some oto systems which aren't drawn, such as the sclar-h launch unit and some small caliber guns.
references are welcome, but I have some stuff myself which I can work with at this moment. I will try to make an oto gun sheet as well, but I don't know if I will cover all old guns.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 14th, 2010, 12:56 pm
thats looking good!

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 15th, 2010, 3:46 pm
can some of the admins comment on this, if the new guns are allowed for use on ships? I think they are so much better, and they should be approved for new ships IMO, but I don't think there is such an difference that old ships should be updated.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 15th, 2010, 4:33 pm
It looks fine to me. Just make sure the new parts are propagated around so that everyone sees them and starts using them.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 15th, 2010, 4:39 pm
ok. I will add some other as well, and the top views..... in the end I will make an oto melara parts sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 17th, 2010, 4:02 am
Yes, please do that. Even if you don't do all of them, at least the DARDO, which I love, but looks suspiciously large.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 17th, 2010, 8:22 am
the dardo is the right size, but some parts are placed a bit weird.... so I will update it.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 17th, 2010, 8:54 pm
update.....

comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 17th, 2010, 11:31 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
update.....

comments?
Nice. Might want to take a look at the old 76 mm as well. At the very least it can use the newer barrel.

I'm not quite sure that the 127 mm needed that extra pixel in height, but meh. Not worth arguing about.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 18th, 2010, 8:17 am
indeed, I will do the 76 as well, it is one pixel to large and the shape isn't entirely correct.... there is also some difference between the one on the American ships and the original one. the marlin will also be redrawn, because that one is 2 pixels too high and 1 pixel on each side too broad.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: