Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
Judah14
Post subject: CEAMOUNT phased array illuminatorPosted: April 25th, 2013, 1:09 am
I have seen the CEAFAR in the US misc. electronics sheet. But I cannot find the CEAMOUNT. Has anyone drawn the CEAMOUNT? I am sure it is on the Anzac ASMD upgraded ships but I am looking for a "clean" parts sheet quality version.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: CEAMOUNT phased array illuminatorPosted: April 25th, 2013, 1:28 am
AFAIK, it has not been drawn independently - but it is the small set of faces on the version that is on the main site.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: CEAMOUNT phased array illuminatorPosted: April 25th, 2013, 3:47 am
OK, so it goes with CEAMOUNT on the parts sheet I was referring to (Misc. US Electronics). Thanks for informing me!

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: CEAMOUNT phased array illuminatorPosted: April 25th, 2013, 4:08 am
Now the trainable configuration has not been drawn, but as I note above the fixed version has. If you want to give the trainable version a go, I say go for it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: CEAMOUNT phased array illuminatorPosted: April 25th, 2013, 4:13 am
I am referring to the fixed multifaced version. Fixed multiface phased array illuminators are more capable of countering saturation attacks than trainable illuminators and are not mechanically dependent.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: CEAMOUNT phased array illuminatorPosted: April 25th, 2013, 6:27 am
That depends on how many vectors the attack is coming from. Fixed arrays gives you all round cover at all times, trainable ones lets you focus all your guidance channels in one direction.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: CEAMOUNT phased array illuminatorPosted: December 28th, 2013, 1:38 am
I have had a go at drawing the CEA-MOUNT trainable illuminator as I need to use it (eventually) on my Castlemaine Class DDG. I have used the scale models done by my mate Russ at Defence Models (Australia) as a guide.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to β€œParts Sheets Discussion”

Jump to: