Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Dunkerque to AlsacePosted: January 23rd, 2015, 3:11 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Hi Colombamike,

I don't think that's unduly restrictive - that's an accurate summary of what's there at the moment, after all. Once a bigger collection has been built up, the thread title can be edited to better reflect the revised contents, no?

Regards,
Adam
That's the plan Adam. Thanks. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Dunkerque to AlsacePosted: January 23rd, 2015, 5:17 pm
Meh, geez, thanks David! Now I have to go back and "re-equip" all the heavy cruisers with the proper type of boats! 8-) ;) :D Excellent work, my friend!

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Dunkerque to AlsacePosted: January 23rd, 2015, 5:31 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Meh, geez, thanks David! Now I have to go back and "re-equip" all the heavy cruisers with the proper type of boats! 8-) ;) :D Excellent work, my friend!
I feel your pain, I have to do the same thing. :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Dunkerque to AlsacePosted: January 23rd, 2015, 7:52 pm
Hello again!

Bugger. Me too... all these light cruisers, destroyers and aircraft carriers.

Anyway, a remarkable effort, David, I'm impressed.

One little nitpick if you don't mind: Are you sure the 13mm twin and quad mounts looked the same from the side? From what I've seen, the quad is a much more bulky affair, and the twin has the barrels not as high up:

twin
[ img ]
quad
[ img ]

Otherwise, great stuff.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Dunkerque to AlsacePosted: January 23rd, 2015, 8:54 pm
Garlicdesign wrote:
Hello again!

Bugger. Me too... all these light cruisers, destroyers and aircraft carriers.

Anyway, a remarkable effort, David, I'm impressed.

One little nitpick if you don't mind: Are you sure the 13mm twin and quad mounts looked the same from the side? From what I've seen, the quad is a much more bulky affair, and the twin has the barrels not as high up:

Otherwise, great stuff.

Greetings
GD
GD,

I've redrawn the twin 13.2 ;)
[ img ]

Is this any better? :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Dunkerque to AlsacePosted: January 24th, 2015, 10:12 am
Very handy sheets. Thanks for making these.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Dunkerque to AlsacePosted: January 24th, 2015, 12:54 pm
Great work David, an excellent addition. I do join the call for more general French parts sheet, like the one for US, RN an Germany or Japan.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Sheet 1926-1954Posted: February 25th, 2015, 8:07 pm
I have updated the previous Parts Sheets with the additions from the thread French Capital Ships (1926-1932) as well as renamed this thread. :D

More additions will come in the future. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Sheets (1926-1954)Posted: February 25th, 2015, 9:52 pm
I wonder why the breakwaters (which are IIRC quite ship-specific, as their shape and size depends on the amount of water over the bow and the point where that water needs to be moved to) are on the parts sheet with the guns? on this image: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/36198 ... unsIII.png

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French Battleship Parts Sheets (1926-1954)Posted: February 25th, 2015, 10:08 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
I wonder why the breakwaters (which are IIRC quite ship-specific, as their shape and size depends on the amount of water over the bow and the point where that water needs to be moved to) are on the parts sheet with the guns? on this image: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/36198 ... unsIII.png
The gun and breakwater in question were only used on one ship-class: Dunkerque, and the Richelieus respectively, so I left the breakwater in the drawing. If anyone wished to use the guns on another ship class they could easily remove the breakwater.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: