Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
wkstl
Post subject: VLS Sheet for Surface-to-air Missile SystemsPosted: December 18th, 2015, 11:32 am
Well, one of my friends drew these parts, I arranged these as a practicable sheet to share among you.
Note: only VLS for SAM or multiple missiles has been collected, except for VLS of SSM like Russian UKSK (3S14) and Korean KVLS.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: VLS Sheet for Surface-to-air Missile SystemsPosted: December 18th, 2015, 11:51 am
I don't know about the Chinese and Russian systems, but I am sorry to say quite a few of those launchers have already been drawn more accurately here: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2755

note also that the missiles in shipbucket are a bit oversized to be able to really distuingish between them. these missiles redrawn lack the black outlines that distuingishes the style as it is, even if they are the right size now on the drawing.

this is not meant to shoot you down, as the process of finding all the worlds VLS systems (or even all western types) on shipbucket is far from complete, which is the reason the Mk 41 and the other US VLS systems do not yet have a sheet like http://shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=Pa ... rs%205.png , something I hope to complete or have completed somewhere in the future, so all help is welcome!

you might want to change image hosts, I got a few error page before being able to load the image, and it is not visible on the forum at all for me........

[Profile] [Quote]
wkstl
Post subject: Re: VLS Sheet for Surface-to-air Missile SystemsPosted: December 18th, 2015, 2:34 pm
well, these have been fixed some bugs like caliber and size of missile, and improved some detail to make the systems and missiles look more real. For example, the caliber of ESSM is 203mm for two pixel at most, my friend and I both don't agree that a black outline can show the detail.

Later you will see my new part sheets for Soviet/Russian Navy and Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy. the drawing of Mk.41 in this sheet just make the sheet completed.

However, my friend and I are the fans group from China, profession in Chinese and Soviet Navy. We can addon the more detail sheets of these two navies.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: VLS Sheet for Surface-to-air Missile SystemsPosted: December 18th, 2015, 4:03 pm
while I agree that the ESSM can not be shown with 2 pixels width and still have black lines, this goes for almost every missile on this sheet. for this reason the shipbucket community has long ago decided to size up the missiles to the required size to show their shape and detail instead of trying to draw them in scale. this is not done on all occasions: when showing missiles inside magazines and on launcher rails, drawings such as the ones you posted above can be used (look for example at the Mk 10 GMLS in the thread I linked)

[Profile] [Quote]
wkstl
Post subject: Re: VLS Sheet for Surface-to-air Missile SystemsPosted: December 18th, 2015, 4:13 pm
Do I treat the black outline as just a borderline of missile's body? Also, I confirm that this is the disadvantage of shipbucket, cannot show the real detail with few pixels, we only fix the detail in the general view.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: VLS Sheet for Surface-to-air Missile SystemsPosted: December 18th, 2015, 7:19 pm
Not a disadvantage of Shipbucket but the paint system of pixels. We do with those "few pixels" what we can, nothing more, nothing less.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion”

Jump to: